Engine light / Fuel Filter

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mavtd

Reaction score
Gday

Just came back from a few weeks heading across the Simpson/Hay River/Gulf.

I've had the engine light come on regular as clockwork after about 30 mins of driving on any type of corrugation. Usually the fuel tank was at or below half.

From what I've read/been advised it seems to be caused by air getting into the fuel lines and the most likely candidate is the after-market fuel filter.

One "expert" reakons the fix is to use genuine Nissan filters.

It never was really an issue (a quick engine off then restart would reset the light for another 30 mins) and it never appeared again after we hit the blacktop south of Lawn Hill NP.

My question is if anyone else has encountered the same thing and found that the genuine filter fixed the problem.

I was actually leaning toward fitting an in-line lift pump from the tank which would pressurise the line to the filter and make life easier for the injector pump.

Any thoughts ??

Sorry should've mentioned 04 D22 with ZD30

Gday

Just came back from a few weeks heading across the Simpson/Hay River/Gulf.

I've had the engine light come on regular as clockwork after about 30 mins of driving on any type of corrugation. Usually the fuel tank was at or below half.

From what I've read/been advised it seems to be caused by air getting into the fuel lines and the most likely candidate is the after-market fuel filter.

One "expert" reakons the fix is to use genuine Nissan filters.

It never was really an issue (a quick engine off then restart would reset the light for another 30 mins) and it never appeared again after we hit the blacktop south of Lawn Hill NP.

My question is if anyone else has encountered the same thing and found that the genuine filter fixed the problem.

I was actually leaning toward fitting an in-line lift pump from the tank which would pressurise the line to the filter and make life easier for the injector pump.

Any thoughts ??

Sorry should've mentioned 04 D22 with ZD30

I did have my come on twice, both times I drained the filter, re-primed the fuel lines and away she went.
I the replaced the filter as soon as possible and all was good.
I take you tried draining the filter?

lift pump can help but it needs to be a fairly high flow pump and need to mod spill line a bit (shift it from inlet hose to outlet). also don't forget one way valve parallel to the pump.

patrol forum has heaps of pics etc of the setup.

Thanks for the replys.

I take you tried draining the filter?

Yes I drained the filter and even disconnected the plug at the bottom of the filter but light was still coming on.

patrol forum has heaps of pics etc of the setup

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll check it out to see what others have used.

Latest posts

Back