Engine oil massive leak!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the 4WD shop plumbed the catch can's drain to the oil feed return line then the 4WD shop is going to be assumed as responsible by Nissan.

If they just fitted a catch can in the normal fashion (intercepting the PCV only, nothing else) then the catch can has nothing to do with the turbocharger oil feed and Nissan are responsible.

Looking at the pics I'd say the 4wd shop has caused it by using brass fittings where they have tee'd the catch can drain pipe into the turbo drain pipe.

They could probably have put the brass tee into the block and joined the pipes there so they didn't add any stress to the factory turbo drain pipe.

That's not to say it wouldn't have failed anyway, but we'll have to wait and see what they say I guess...

Accordingly to Nissan techs the new fitting (tee) was putting downward pressure on the nissan hose causing its failure where the hose clamp is.
It make sense to me, the 4wd shop should have tee'd in to the original hose further up to give more flexibility to it.
Now the challenge will be to get the money out of the 4wd shop!

Back