EOI: D22/D21 IFS Air Ride AND Long Travel Kit

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interested, indeed.

As long as it can tick all the legal boxes. (QLD compliance)

If it is fully bolt on could it be a DIY install and remain legal?

Like i said if it ticks all the right boxes and is still around the $2500 mark im in for sure

Also if you are making these and flare extensions,
im keen for flare extensions anyway even if this does'nt get off the ground
Bryce

Last edited:
G'day Bryce,

If it is fully bolt on could it be a DIY install and remain legal?

Yes, provided you have a way to get the vehicle to a wheel aligner without driving it (tilt tray or car trailer etc) as the toe angle is guaranteed to be wrong when first installed (by anyone).

Also if you are making these and flare extensions,
im keen for flare extensions anyway even if this does'nt get off the ground

Noted. There seems to be a need in the market for these too. :top:

Hey Dion,
That sound awesome just got to convince the misses that it will still be able to be accessed from the ground without the need for a step ladder.
Luke

i know its still all in ideas stage but keep in mind with long travel arms and remaining bolt on, it will increase your wheel track, and depending on how much flex you want by a conciderable amount. Longer the arms the better for the cvs. So youd probably want to try and keep all the control arms tight in and then run a heavy positive offset to return wheel track to an allowable measurement.
Sounds good tho. And once the ground work is done you could probably do a cheaper kit just using the coilovers the d40s/hilux use

i know its still all in ideas stage but keep in mind with long travel arms and remaining bolt on, it will increase your wheel track, and depending on how much flex you want by a conciderable amount.

6" track increase each side would be ideal, but way in excess of the 1" each side limit in NCOP for modified existing axles. Still yet to see if I can work through finding a way to compliance the assembly as a new axle, with the VASS engineer.

Longer the arms the better for the cvs. So youd probably want to try and keep all the control arms tight in and then run a heavy positive offset to return wheel track to an allowable measurement.

The standard wheels have an offset something like 40+ don't they? Hard to go a bigger positive offset than that? So there's not much room to play with.

Sounds good tho. And once the ground work is done you could probably do a cheaper kit just using the coilovers the d40s/hilux use

Yeah, coilovers could be used in this application, with a bit of creative thinking. Trying to avoid chassis mods here.

Not my kid. Google Images' kid.

Something about 'spoonfeeding' people..... But changing it soon, it's annoying me already.

Not my kid. Google Images' kid.

Something about 'spoonfeeding' people..... But changing it soon, it's annoying me already.

That's what I thought but I didn't want to get it wrong, some people are fairly precious about their screaming shit machines and can be easily offended.

6" track increase each side would be ideal, but way in excess of the 1" each side limit in NCOP for modified existing axles. Still yet to see if I can work through finding a way to compliance the assembly as a new axle, with the VASS engineer.

The standard wheels have an offset something like 40+ don't they? Hard to go a bigger positive offset than that? So there's not much room to play with.

Yeah, coilovers could be used in this application, with a bit of creative thinking. Trying to avoid chassis mods here.

those limits are on standard diffs when only increasing track, where as your changing complete design so i think it could be passable with the right engineer.
with an 8" wide rim you could have up to almost +100, will just mean an extra cost but it is one way of pulling wheel track back in and keeping wheel travel.
I think with a bit of work coilovers could be bolt on aswell.

those limits are on standard diffs when only increasing track, where as your changing complete design so i think it could be passable with the right engineer.

Yeah my interpretation of NCOP reflects that - by engineering the modification under LS3 - Front Suspension and Steering Modification, track increases are measured between the wheel and the hub, a dimension which is not affected by a long travel kit. Unfortunately LS3 doesn't allow for more than 50mm ride height increase, so a secondary certification under LS7 would be required, more $$$.

with an 8" wide rim you could have up to almost +100, will just mean an extra cost but it is one way of pulling wheel track back in and keeping wheel travel.

Handy, I'll keep that in mind.

I think with a bit of work coilovers could be bolt on aswell.

Provided they give good articulation with the sway bar still attached, good way to reduce costs.

yeah mate, sounding pretty good so far!
with the flare spacers you talked about, you should start on them asap! you will sell heaps!!

Latest posts

Back