Event Ideas For The Future

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old.Tony

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I was chatting with my wife on the drive back to Newy this afternoon about the differences between the Navara "Muster" and the Barbie Club "Convention". Our event costs roughly $55 per head. Barbie convention is around $300 per head and that's without the "convention doll" and there's no shirt or badge or anything provided.

What they get is a room for the event, basically a couple of empty rooms with tables in various configurations, lunch and dinner for the duration of the event (2-3 days) plus a show (at the better run ones). They also get hands-on crafty things and that's where I stopped her with an idea forming in my head ...

What if we hold a "Build Your Own LED Light Strip" for underbonnet or canopy or even under-car ... sourcing the bits from China, including the cost of all the bits in the ticket price, and the guys can build their own - guided by us - with parts supplied by us - and go home feeling like they not only learned something, but with something they got that they made in their hands.

Time after that ... if we can get the displays and thermocouples cheaply - how about an EGT gauge?

What if I managed to get my hands on a complete turbocharger and dismantled it on front of them, showing them all the relevant bits and pieces, photos/videos welcome?

How about the innards of the transfer case, or a diff locker?

We can't afford to do things like build-your-own dual battery system, but we can demonstrate the differences between a good one and a bad one, demonstrating what happens to substandard wiring by passing 500A through a 20A cable. We can hand out little booklets with all the info in them, together with wiring diagrams etc ...

Obviously can't get this ready for THIS year, but next year ... definitely.

Thoughts? This isn't to take place of any 4WD event, or gymkhana, but to provide an additional option for people. It can be run several times, to provide not only the opportunity for people to still catch it, but so that if someone saw it, went away and had questions, they could come back and see it again and perhaps clear things up in their minds.

Naturally the person conducting this would have to know something about the subject, because they'll be asked some hairy questions!

Latest posts

Back