exhaust for YD25

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't notice much, if not worse but that's because I love hearing the meaty growl my 3 inch exhaust gives my 3.0L when I give her the berries ;)

If two ain't spinnin' you just ain't winnin'

Do it correct your 3inch may do better above 3000rpm and sound better but down low it will suffer it's just too big on a stock zd30 2.5-2.75 is the max on these donks for it to work well and what diesel driver revs above 3000?

The main advantage of a larger exhaust is turbo spools up sooner and stronger
you can hold taller gears that helps economy but not by much

Do it correct your 3inch may do better above 3000rpm and sound better but down low it will suffer it's just too big on a stock zd30 2.5-2.75 is the max on these donks for it to work well and what diesel driver revs above 3000?

A chip can be tuned to rectify this problem for down low power mate :)

If two ain't spinnin' you just ain't winnin'

Where did you get that info from ?

Yes but this thread is relating to YD25, not the ZD30

I was getting 700per tank before I did work to my 2011 yd25 after the I fitted 265/75 KM2's steinbeauer chip and 3" exhaust my economy dropped to around 640per tank driving it normally giving it the odd squirt..... well worth it for the power tho

Is that taking into account the odometer will read less then travelled with the bigger tyres on?

One thing I want is better economy, I average 12L per 100KM aT the moment, and I don't want that to get worse

No mate, thats not taking that into consideration...... I also have the steinbeauer chip don't forget, I wasn't to worried about losing or gaining fuel economy as I just wanted the extra power which was well worth the $2600 I paid for the exhaust and chip set up

Went to mt mee forest last night what a disaster trees down creeks washed out had to cut my way back chainsaw is blunt,anyway sunnycoaster is your fuel worse due to the fact that you enjoy the power?and put your foot down the steinbauer is one of the best and was my 2nd choice do you get more smoke from standard?

I only lost a small amount of fuel economy and as much as I love the extra power I drive my car pretty mellow, usually change gears around 2-2and a half thou and rarely rev it past 3thou unless I have to. The steinbauer chip s great, really good gains and very safe for the engine and believe it or not my car hasn't blown any smoke from brand new, It has 30thou on the clock now and even under full load there is still no smoke

SFA difference..if you use the xtra power ya going to use more fuel

nothing comes for free

2.5 exhaust

Spoke to Scotts rods yesterday was hoping to purchase an exhaust for my 09 d22 but was informed they no longer make the systems for the d22 2.5cr due to the issues off dump pipe hitting firewall which is a bit of a bummer, looks I'll have to keep searching!

Ive got an after market dump on mine and fits with more than enough room, Just get an exhaust shop to do a mandrel bent 3" system with high flow cat (100cell) and no mufflers with a new dump.... should cost 1200 max

Ive got an after market dump on mine and fits with more than enough room, Just get an exhaust shop to do a mandrel bent 3" system with high flow cat (100cell) and no mufflers with a new dump.... should cost 1200 max

That a pricey straight through system. My local is $650 for full system no cat or muffler. But 3" won't fit if the 2.75" only just clears

Which model is the tight fit for the 3 inch dump pipe is it Thai built or jap built am I better of with a smaller system even with a chipit any advise is much appreciated, also anyone had an exhaust done in sydney.

Which model is the tight fit for the 3 inch dump pipe is it Thai built or jap built am I better of with a smaller system even with a chipit any advise is much appreciated, also anyone had an exhaust done in sydney.

Thai built mate. I am getting a beau system at the gold coast 4wd show on 1st march

Ah ok thanks mate, mines Thai built so any system I can get in 3 inch may hit firewall I guess it depends on dump pipe used, I may have to fork out that bit extra for same system as your getting bloody cars costing me a fortune, hopefully will help fuel economy and towing with exhaust, heading up to Darwin then across to the cape in July.

Latest posts

Back