Exhaust help!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trav298

Reaction score
Hi guys, Im currently looking at putting a 3" exhaust on my D40 but am having some trouble. Mine is an auto but being early 06 it doesnt have a DPF. All the exhaust systems I have been looking at are either for a manual only or auto with DPF. Ive even had an exhaust shop tell me he doesnt think the manual exhaust system wont fit an 06 auto and he doesnt even stock a system to suit and it will hafta be custom made????

So can anyone tell me for sure if a system for a D40 manual will fit an 06 auto which didnt have a factory fitted DPF??????

Ok guys, got an email back from the exhaust shop Im looking at buying an exhaust from and the guy tells me the 2006 D40 has a different turbo to the 2007 and later ones? Any ideas??

I thought they were all pretty similar from 2005 onwards, although I was in a shop today looking at suspension and the catalogue said 2006 onwards.

So it is possible that yours has a different exhaust. I guess we'll have to wait for someone with a similar model to yours comes along and lets us know more.

mate cant really tell you about the differences in the turbo's ect, BUT i can say that a few people on here have found that you dont need to, or wont have any extra benefit by going as big as 3inch system.
Northside 4x4 have shown on the dyno that it makes no difference from 2.75 up. the main thing was to have a mandrel bent system with a high flow cat and muffler or no muffler.

You should be able to go into almost any exhaust shop and they can make one up for you and I don't think there would be that much difference in price. I'm sure I have read before on here that the exhausts between the auto and manual are not interchangeable.
What prices have you been given for a custom exhaust?

I havent been given a price for a custom exhaust as no-one up this way will do one, hence trying to buy a system already made. Ive emailed a couple different exhaust places and see what they say. I would be happy to have a 2.5" system even, but still havent had any confirmation of what system will/wont fit. Everything I can find is listed manual only or auto with DPF. I will bail up my mate on the weekend with an 08 manual D40 and compare systems to see if there are any differences or not. Will keep you posted with what I find...

Latest posts

Back