Exhaust on D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flamingo

Reaction score
Gday All I have a 2005 D22 3.0 diesel. I have been quoted 500$ for a 2 1/2 inc exhaust. Seeing as im pulling a 1700 kilo van will this give me a bit more torque. I know it will help it breath better. At moment it goes fine...its the hills thats the problem!! I dont wanna go the chip if i dont have too. Also have been offered a new snorkel too im thinking both these will help.. Thanks in advance Phil

Gday Phil.

The 2.5 inch exhaust should help the engine breather easier and will make the turbo spool up quicker. From what I have head it is a slightly noticeable difference.
When you get the exhaust make sure that is a Mandrel bent system as a press bend add something like another 3 inchs (length) worth of pressure.

The snorkel should help as well with getting cooler air into the engine. Have you thought about intercooling the engine if it is not already as it is a big help.

I have only heard good things about the ChipIt chips on the ZD30 so if you are still after more grunt that may be the way to go since they are only $800ish.

From what I was told, there isn't too much benifit in doing the exhaust without doing the dump pipe from the turbo. I went with 3 inch as well as the dump and hills where I'd previously have to use third gear to get up, I can now use 4th comfortably.

Hope this helps. Btw, I paid $1080 for 3 inch exhaust and dump.

Back