Exhaust sensor problem when towing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BazzaP

Reaction score
I thought I'd share this to get it out there. On a recent trip with my new (two week old) D40 the engine went into limp mode when towing a caravan (1300k into the trip). Switch the car off and everything was fine, back up to 100 and straight back into limp mode. After all the usual stuff getting towed and sitting around for days waiting for the car to be fixed I was told it was ready and to come and pick it up. The dealer had followed the advice of Nissan Aus and cleaned all of the vehicles earths etc. and extensively tested the vehicle with no problems. I put the van on the car drove 10k out of town and straight back into limp mode. When I got back to the dealer and the computer was put on the car (note the engine had not been shut down) an error came up with a faulty exhaust sensor. Apparently this error for some reason wasn't being stored in the computer (something to be aware of). Long story short two hours later I was back on the road and drove for the next 6 hours no problems. My own dealer had advised me that this had happened to another vehicle towing a van over Christmas as well.

frustrating I bet.

By the 5th day I think I just laughed a lot. I've got to say the dealer (DC motors) was great and went above and beyond, but sometimes I'd like the diesel's to go back to what they used to be (remember when you couldn't kill em).

Common fault, The new sensors arte modified parts (different P/N) and withstand more thermal shock. (rapid heating/cooling)

Yep thats the right P/N BazzaP. Parts ending with A supercede to B and parts ending with C supercede to D

Latest posts

Back