Exhaust Upgrades

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luke86

Reaction score
Hey All,

Curious to know anyone out there who has the v6 STX/550 and has upgraded their exhaust.

Currently I'm looking at good old Beaudesert, Taipan and funnily enough roo systems.
Has anyone heard any feedback about the roo systems chip and exhaust package?

Looking forward to seeing what your all running and your thoughts since your upgrade.

Cheers
Luke

Wouldn't touch roo systems if you paid me.
Look at Scott's rods exhaust. And do a search for d40 exhaust there's a recent thread with it all in there ;)

Thanks for the quick reply Mike! And yeah ever since I called roo systems once they keep hasstling me to buy their package, but it just seems a little too suss!

Will check it out.

Cheers
Luke

Taipan got my vote (again) Easy to fit, saved heaps on weight over stock and it plays a few different tunes...being an auto an all !
Have a Steinbauer chip sitting on the bench but work commitments are gunna keep it there for a bit as I like to fit things myself.

Keeping a eye on this thread. Looks to be well worth the upgrade if the exhaust is the same as the pathfinder. A DPF that isn't even connected and the biggest/heaviest muffler I've ever seen. Taipan is on top of my list but I see iron are doing a bolt on 3" kit now.

Taipan cat...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 96
The section you have shown there is the stock dpf.

The stock cat is in the down pipe, followed by the dpf which is basically under the drivers seat.

Although they do not run a urea injector or pressure sensors in current models, it is still highly illegal to remove the dpf.

Fines in Queensland can run up to $10K for removal of a catalytic converter, although most people that have been fined end up between $600-$2400 depending if its totally removed or has sneakily been gutted (infrared gun shows this up instantly)

I would assume similar fines could be handed out for removal of an egr system or DPF.

Alot of people dont realise how heavily the epa and DOT is coming down on this over the last few years. So just be mindful when choosing the system you run.

I did post up all the testing from dpf back through to turbo back a few years ago and the differences were negligible either way.

Latest posts

Back