Exhaust, which cheapest?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D22TURBO

Reaction score
Straight to the point, what is a cheap 3 inch exhaust system turbo back for my D22 ZD30DDT?

Please send links and or pics.

I'm aware of the 'search button' so please, unless there's a thread I missed that states an answer to my question, please don't comment and say it! Links and feedback only please. :)

probably your local exhaust place---- the prob with 3" is that its difficult to bend in a conventional pipe bender....most shops will bend 2 1/2" with significant crush.
3" will probably need to be made with mandrel bent sections all welded together and that's where the costs start to mount up.
Reconsider 2 1/2" unless there are compelling justifiable reasons.

let us know how you get on

anyway here are some pics of some stainless flanges 3" and 3 1/2" that I had made up ( ACAD drg supplied to a local engineering company that has a CNC plasma profile cutter..I supplied the 12mm 3CR12 plate ).. this system was not for the Navara

Picture006.jpg

Picture009.jpg

and TIG welded in place
Picture035.jpg

Last edited:
I got mine for $900 including dump pipe installed. Exhuast Innovations in Capalaba.

I found best prices with best rep was getting the 2.75in from beaudesert. I got mine sent to ACT from QLD and still was the cheapest option.

I Bought my exhaust from Roo systems in Brisbane. $1495 delivered to me door here in SA. 3Inch Turbo Back Stainless mandrel bent, 1 cat and 1 muffler

joely1991 said:
I Bought my exhaust from Roo systems in Brisbane. $1495 delivered to me door here in SA. 3Inch Turbo Back Stainless mandrel bent, 1 cat and 1 muffler

Got pix mate please?

Isiman it was $1200 if my memory serves me correct. I used the 4x4 action discount. Real happy with the system!

Ok yeah I've only heard good things about Beaudesert. I live in the middle of nowhere basically so cheaper the better incl. freight. Also as a matter of interest, does anyone on here run a straight pipe no mufflers and just a hi flow cat? What does that sound like?

Also who here knows: How much difference in sound and flow/power is there with no cat converter at all?

Please.... don’t buy cheap crap, been there done that, had a local exhaust shop fit an exhaust lasted only a few months, mounts broke, fuel & power was nothing to talk about,
Finally saved up & brought a Taipan 3inch exhaust est $1450, this system rocks sooo much more power fuel economy is back & the turbo spools up from idle, the quality is second to none, loved there system so much last time I was in Brisbane (Christmas 2011) went over to meet the owner & had them fit one of there water to air intercoolers & oil catch cans
You can buy there systems & fit-up your self in your drive-way.
www.taipanxp.com.au
Check them out, under customer reviews there are some photo's of my Navara D22 (white)

Please.... don’t buy cheap crap, been there done that, had a local exhaust shop fit an exhaust lasted only a few months, mounts broke, fuel & power was nothing to talk about,
Finally saved up & brought a Taipan 3inch exhaust est $1450, this system rocks sooo much more power fuel economy is back & the turbo spools up from idle, the quality is second to none, loved there system so much last time I was in Brisbane (Christmas 2011) went over to meet the owner & had them fit one of there water to air intercoolers & oil catch cans
www.taipanxp.com.au
Check them out, under customer reviews there are some photo's of my Navara D22 (white)

Do you mind me asking who the local shop was? Ace? Advanced?

www.taipanxp.com.au

how does it sound mate? is it nice? does it drone on the highway?

Latest posts

Back