Exhausts and long range tanks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve1961

Reaction score
A bit of a heads up for those with after market exhausts that want to fit a long range tank , i had my Brown Davis 143 liter tank fitted today , i got a call in the afternoon saying they had an issue , seems just about all after market exhausts will foul the long range tanks if they don't follow the original exhaust to almost the millimeter , i told the bloke that done mine to follow the original for that reason , and when i looked at it when it was done , to me looked like an exact replica , well seems that 50 mm off is not exact and i had to have the exhaust modified so as the tank would fit , so make a mental note if you intend to fit a long range tank

That LR tank is gonna come in handy for big trips. I know ours has - We went from Newcastle to Launceston and still had 30L in the tank.

I have the original exhaust still - I'm not convinced that dollar for dollar I'd get enough advantage in an after-market exhaust, so mine wasn't a problem when fitted.

Thanks, Maybe I'll fit the tank 1st. I know a guy up here that builds custom exhaust I'm going to see if I can get a twin tip out the side it front of the back wheel.

That LR tank is gonna come in handy for big trips. I know ours has - We went from Newcastle to Launceston and still had 30L in the tank.

I have the original exhaust still - I'm not convinced that dollar for dollar I'd get enough advantage in an after-market exhaust, so mine wasn't a problem when fitted.

Yeah it will , near shit though when i filled it , it was a long time at the pump , thank god i don't have to pay for fuel lol , the bash plates are awesome to , Brown Davis does some nice work

Got the pics too thanks Nathan , iam building myself a custom rack using rhino bits and alloy plate plus a pelican case , ill post the pics when its done , waiting for all the bits to arrive , although i got the nissan track nounts on the other day

Yeah it will , near shit though when i filled it , it was a long time at the pump , thank god i don't have to pay for fuel lol , the bash plates are awesome to , Brown Davis does some nice work

That's a problem with mine, true enough. Being an auxiliary tank and not just a single tank, I get backflow a fair bit up the filler neck when using a hi-flow bowser, so I have to use the normal pump and wait for days.

It gets really annoying for the guy behind me when I'm doing a BIG fill though, 4 jerry cans lined up and an empty tank ... he comes up and checks the bowser to see that I'm paying for 220 litres of diesel.

That's a problem with mine, true enough. Being an auxiliary tank and not just a single tank, I get backflow a fair bit up the filler neck when using a hi-flow bowser, so I have to use the normal pump and wait for days.

It gets really annoying for the guy behind me when I'm doing a BIG fill though, 4 jerry cans lined up and an empty tank ... he comes up and checks the bowser to see that I'm paying for 220 litres of diesel.

LOL its funnier when they are driving there little city diesel and put like 20lts in.

Ill put pics up of the tank , and the bash plates when it stops bloody raining here in Melbourne

I spent the recent 6 years just about every second weekend in Tuggeranong , i well know Canberra lol , the Appartments on athlon dve just in front of the Hyperdome , some very good memories and some very shit memories

I work in Tuggeranong lived here most of my life. Trying to think what apartments you mean. The only ones I can thing of is the newish ones near the pool.

Keen to see pics too. I know what you mean about the rain here ATM , it seems like it never will end . I have been wanting to climb under my rig ,but I don't feel like being drenched and cold
: (

looks like a nice day today .

hey steve. did you have to get it mod plated? I had a tank installed and in Queensland it needs to be mod plated for insurance and road worthy. some places quoted prices with and without.

Never heard of that in Vic , and brown Davis never mentioned anything , so I don't know , ill play dumb , but ill check into it

Yep mod plate required in qld for almost everything. Had mine done(d22) 125l and had to be plated. Its a shame about the exhaust. You would think that they would allow plenty of room around an exhaust system, but obviously not

Rusty

Latest posts

Back