F@#KING storms

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me know if you need a hand mate. Clearing, cleaning or tarping.
It was howling out here too and was a bit anxious. Lost the apple tree but nothing like that!

Shit Scotty, not a good start to the year.

I hope the year improves for you and the Mrs.

Dave.

Perhaps there is a bright side......its easier looking at it from this end and I know you are all shaken by this.

Looking for an extension to a second storey? There is a lot of damage structurally that the insurance Co will be stumping up for so perhaps get a quote from a builder on a second storey, take the repair cheque from the insurance put that against the reno and increase your property value in the long run.

Like I said. Its easier viewing this from here and I am not making light of the fact that it would have rattled you and the family but consider your options.....

No such thing as problems, only opportunities to find the best solution.

All the best to all of you and if you need a hand sing out.....better to see you enjoying cold beverages whilst directing proceedings than doing it yourself and aggravating your back any further.

Bloody hell Buzzcat. Glad you and the lovely are okay. How did the little one deal with it?

Going to be a bastard getting all that leaf out of your guttering! Perhaps if you had built a bigger retaining wall it may have held it off the house! And what sort of roof is it that lets a stick poke through. Mate - lift your game.

I suppose you fired up the 5.7 and threw a drag chain around the tree and ripped it off the roof and then used the stihl to hack it to pieces!

Seriously - glad you are okay.

It scares the shit out of me at my place - we have some very big gum trees and pine trees around our house, and the buggers drop branches all the time. We have three come down in the last 12 months and they all managed to miss buildings - so I got a shit load of firewood - although the biggest wedged itself into another tree - going to be ugly when they both come down. Having said all that I love sitting amongst the trees and having a quiet beer.

Stay cool big fella.

Last edited:
bad luck scotty, great that your all safe. I didn't realize gum trees had so little roots.

That's one hell of a tree mate.

I'm amazed that the house held it up. (Lucky yet unlucky that it fell)

I hope the Insurance Company comes to the party and does their bit.

Chris

Thanks for the kind regards boys.I have just finished cleaning the f@#ker up,what a task.
Aido the houseis already 2 story and 60 squares so it doesn't need to be any bigger.
The insurance company (Shanons) havebeen fantastic.They and subbies have called me about 20 times today to make sure everything is ok.
The arbourist turned up and wanted to book a Franna (crane) to remove it but it wouldn't have done it so we threw the grabs on the 8 tonner and carefully removed the tree as we still had the commodore in the garage.
Everyon feel free to joke about it because I have been all day.If you don't laugh you cry and it hasn't broken us because we are all ok but f#@k it came close.
The builder came out to make the plac safe and said well over 100k to fix.
Pretty much from te front door back over to the garage and the roof over my back deck which extends the length of the whole house.
The back is killing me but the pain killersand bourbans areworking a treat.

Pfft the Common door should have been used as a buffer or a wedge to prevent any further damage to the house.
You can always get another one - available in Yellow for $1.50 a kilometre!
:sarcastic:

Yeah its been a wet week in vic, No comparison to queensland. Ground is so wet trees and branches everywhere , Measured 224mm or 9 inches in the last 5 days, 95 mm of that in the last 24 hours

Weve been lucky backing onto bush, Only ever had small stuff come down. So 2 years ago i decided to clean up more, For better protection got a big arse excavator in took out 3 or 4 big gums and some small stuff. Nice fire break now, Well i never want to test it. Sorry mr goverment man it was storm damage .