F@#KING storms

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coming steady here too. But with our sandy soil no issues yet, I'd say we must be at 100mm for the arvo and night.

We've just had about 30mm in the last hour. I've got reasonable drainage around but it's as flat as a pancake, so water gets away slowly. Not much wind so the storm is hanging around.

Absolutely flogged down in Boronia just before dark,been here about 8 years and thats the heaviest i've seen.

Going to a 40th tomorrow in Berwick. Heres the Birthday boy putting up the marquee this arvo.
179680_1780181074735_1545675066_1805219_3314224_n.jpg

167357_1780182314766_1545675066_1805225_4489133_n.jpg

181467_1780181794753_1545675066_1805222_3619065_n.jpg

Once that stuff coming up from the sth west joins the stuff from the nth west it's game on.
Not looking good for work next week.

IDE00035.201102041030.jpg

You will never see this weather pattern again. Have been watching it for the last 2 weeks and it is phenomenal.

its unreal. I am enjoying this weather, I like when there is something as cool as this. But also the same time I just wish everyone could sit back and enjoy and not be affected by it. Natural disasters are becoming more and more common. I'm starting to believe this greenhouse effect.

It was my turn last night. Around 10pm in Tarneit, got a wind squall (felt like a small tornado) with very heavy rain and it took out the ceiling in the dinning room. One hell of a mess in the house. 3 of our our neighbours have also lost ceilings in their homes. One guy was given an airconditioning unit from his neighbours roof - delivered by airmail. Luckily for us, the insurance assessor has already been and we now have to find sme tradies.

Man, the assessors got out there pretty quick!
Did you lose part of the roof or was water building up in the ceiling?
Air con through the roof would be a hell of a wake up call. Pretty wet in the ville, heaps of water coming past our place but all good. 107mm of rain!!!
Hope you get it fixed up ok!

Thanks Digbyj,
Yeh the assessors was on his first job 4 the day. It took about an hour to get through to the insurance co. on the phone and the assessor came around an hour and a half later. All covered so happy about that. The house is only two years old and with the current building practice, they is no requirement to seal the roof tiles where they meet at a 'valley'. We had a really high wind (I would guess at well over the 100KPH) for a couple of minutes and it blew the rain in through the valley and it settled in the insulation. After sitting there for about an hour the ceiling came unstuck from the battons and the few screws were not enough to hold the ceiling up with the weight of the wet insulation. All over in three seconds. Dust and crap everywhere and not one roof tile out of place. We'd had about 120mm of rain in an hour.
Hope you guys stay dry.

What a bastard Foxbat.Like Marcus said it has been pissing down in Healesville.
My garage is even more f#@ked now with more flooding but th house stayed dry an it only has a shit blue tarp sealing it from when the tree fell on it a couple of weeks ago

A real turd hey. But thankfully the father-in-law is OK. He was sitting just underneath it when it fell on him. There is an omen there as I had just traded seats with him. No injuries though. I hope they fix your roof soon.
Dropped my nav off this morning to get the damage fixed where a woman backed into it at the begining of the month. Never rains but it sure does bloody piss it down.

Man, no ones havin much luck on here at the moment.
House 2 years old... say no more, ours is just over a year old and we've had that many dramas with it including windows still leaking, the builders a f@&$n joke.
Still can't believe how fast insurance works.
Scotty, your lucks gotta change soon mate... ps, was gonna book in for service at K & K automotive, u heard any good or bad?