F@#KING storms

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats the excuse i had planned push come to shove. Thats the shit you have to deal with in melbourne and surrounds, You would get a big arse fine if you had of cut that tree down

The trees we cleaned up were about 15 or 20 meters from the house. To easy he walked the excavator up the road 2 hours later, I had a shit load of timber to cut up and i sleep easier during storms

Things happen quick around here, I haven't checked the forum in a day and look what happens. Good to see you and your family are ok Scotty... No one seems to be safe at the moment. Have you had to leave your castle or is it stable enough to stay? Take care mate.

Things happen quick around here, I haven't checked the forum in a day and look what happens. Good to see you and your family are ok Scotty... No one seems to be safe at the moment. Have you had to leave your castle or is it stable enough to stay? Take care mate.

we are still here at the moment Alpha but half the house needs to be demo'd

Damm u got that part right !!!

Holy crap Scotty - glad U and the family are ok though (and the wifes Commodore too)

First your back packs it in last weekend, then the dog gets mauled and now the tree on your house. Well, that surely is the back luck in 3's, so it should be much better going for you now (touch wood --- lol, i guess u been doing that for 2 days now)

Can i assume that you will be able to stay in the house, using the other end of the house until the repairs have all been carried out ?

(touch wood) I don't think my misses would like to see me touching you that way Woody.
We have been offered accomadation but wouldnt be able to take it due to the animals so yeah we will have to seal the house off and live up the other end.

Used to run a Bobcat 743 in demolition if your willing to give me a go at that flash new machine you've got there.

Mind you partial breakouts were not the speciality. Just smash and crunch.

Used to run a Bobcat 743 in demolition if your willing to give me a go at that flash new machine you've got there.

Mind you partial breakouts were not the speciality. Just smash and crunch.

A new career for you Aido, Buy Scotty's earthmoving business, first job can be digging out my driveway. Mates rates of course.:sarcastic:

A new career for you Aido, Buy Scotty's earthmoving business, first job can be digging out my driveway. Mates rates of course.:sarcastic:

Thats hard work.... Like fitness programs I do my best to avoid it! :sarcastic:
Besides I've had a few refreshments and you lot shouldn't be putting ideas in my head!

Scotty I know u had a tree fall on your house - and we were within an inch of water coming into our house tonight. Actually had one inch through my garage!

dang. lucky as! yeh woody same! mates next door neighours house got owned like 2 inches of water everywhere, and most of the house is carpet!! the rain i mean't to continue all weekend :( !!

Woody. I mean this in all seriousness.
We are due for 50 -100mm over the next 24hrs.
Look at drainage - you survey properties after all and be sure that the run off is going to the right place.
If you have it pooling in specific areas around the home then something as simple as a bucket and a large car wash sponge is very effective to move it to lower ground or drainage.
Coming down heavy here at the moment but we are situated on a fair sized hill.....good for the garden.
Car wash sponges are really a good way of moving water quickly if you have to.