F1 - does Webber start with the handbrake on?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hearing you... i think instead of setting the fastest times during free practice, he should just practice his starts! It makes me cringe to say it, because i dislike Vettel so much, that he is in a class of his own compared to the rest of them. Lapping over 2 seconds quicker than his nearest rival. I do believe Webber's best chance was last year... he had it in the bag... oh well.

Webber actually pulled the fastest lap time of the race and does so consistently in other races as well.... if he had a better start last night, the tyre strategy he was on would have had him in front.

Yeah - he bombed last years title.

Would have liked him possibly go to Ferrari instead of staying with Red Bull. I don't think they're giving him a good a car as Vettel (DRS and KERS failed a lot for Webber this year)

^^^ Copy that. Don't get me wrong, i'm 110% behind Webber and have been since i started following F1 when he was racing for Williams. Check the time stamp of the post... it was mid race at the time. Webber consistently pulls fastest laps out of the bag but seems to have shitty luck (as you say with KERS and DRS)... and their is most DEFINITELY favoritism towards Vettel in regards to race strategy, parts and new tech. I even heard a rumour that it was written into Vettel's contract that he was to be provided with "the best car the TEAM could give him". Meaning he gets to pillage Webber's car for parts when his car is busted. There are countless examples of these incidents happening...

Last edited:
every year,every race there is some excuse why webber didnt win....
its odd that everyone elses car seems to take off quite ok except his....
after all these years driving you would think he would get the hang of taking off.
maybe he should practise all week before the race his take off and not worry about going around the circuit.

I agree his starts are shocking, like the others have said his best chance was last year. However if you think about it Sebastian wasn't without problems/retirements in the early half of last year too.
He's just a crap starter, the only perk is that I enjoy watching him carve up through the field. He seems to drive best when he's coming from the rear of the pack.

Latest posts

Back