Fan speed only works on high setting (4)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have a issue with mine where the (1) setting doesnt work but 2, 3, and 4. all work. could this be a similar issue?

My D22 has same issue. One wont work but 2, 3, 4 all work fine.

I have bought the replacement genuine fan resistor from Nissan.. $73 for those who want to know. I'll give it a crack tomorrow installing it

Nice job, any plans to pull the old one apart and see what went in it or are you going to chuck it?

Mine had the same, First 3 speeds dead. fan was siezing up. Nissan replaced the fan motor and resistor under Warranty.

Regards

Greg

Bit of pain to get to but fixed and all working well!

Hey mate just wondering if you took any pics at all along the way? Also did you get a part number for the resistor pack? Where abouts is it located in the car? Sorry for the questions but I need to replace mine and Ive tried having a quick look for it but couldnt find it.

Hey mate just wondering if you took any pics at all along the way? Also did you get a part number for the resistor pack? Where abouts is it located in the car? Sorry for the questions but I need to replace mine and Ive tried having a quick look for it but couldnt find it.

I didnt take any pics unfortunately. Also failed to get a part number! Sorry

Its located behind the glove box to the left. I took the glove box out (held by 6 screws from memory) and then another brace below the glove box (2 or 3 screws)

If you look under and to the left you will see a big white box and it is in there. The whole box needs to come out - I undid all the screws bar 1 mofo that was tucked up behind so thats when I took it to the auto elecy and he did the rest in 20mins

Nissan gave me a printed sheet of where it is located. I will try and upload that pic

Here you go

Attachments

• blower fan.jpg
    blower fan.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 149
Awesome, thanks for your help. Ill give it a go and see what happens.

If I still had a WinXP machine I'd check the parts cattleddog and see if the part number for the D40 is the same because I'm sure people were quoting $140 for the D40 part and it really can't be that different.

Think im up for this one now too.have a 08 kingcab....was working fine this morning but by smoko it was shagged...demisters arnt working correctly now as the air wont turn on at number 4 on the dial..use to.
Anyone else have the same other issues?

New one acquired $24 inc shipping on ebay right now.suits thai built.genuine part too.
Tested the old one and I believe the bit that fails is just a solder blob could be a surface mount fuse but it appears to be covered in solder so the fuse is doubtful.

I had the exact same issue in my 09 str, 1,2 and 3 stopped workin but 4 still worked, im not too good with electronics though and got an auto elec to fix it

Would anyone mind helping me with some hints on replacing a resistor for a 2010 d22?

Mine cost $94 from nissan in case anyone is wondering.

Latest posts

Back