Finding accesories power supply

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnod40

Reaction score
So I've been doing some wiring on my d40 for lights and other accessories but just wanted to know where and how to wire accessories and other stuff so that it only gets power once the key is turned to accessories. Instead of it just being fed straight from the battery all the time.

Thankyou

If you can't find an accessories-active power source in the IPDM/ER (it's the box behind the battery) then here's an alternative.

Connect a wire to the accessories-active power under your dash and put a 2A fuse in it. Run this wire through the firewall into the engine bay and connect it to pin 85 of a relay. Connect pin 86 of the relay to the battery negative, pin 30 to battery positive (with a 40A fuse in that cable) and then use pin 87 to supply power to whatever (including other relays).

The result will be that ANY device you try to activate will only work when the ignition key is turned to "Accessories" or "On".

Is that what you were after?

Another option may be to use a blade fuse tap (ebay it) to a fuse under the dash that is powered with accessories (i assume there is one?)

image-3232997109.jpg

You mean something like this Grg,
You can pick these up at supercheap, and they are a great way to use your existing fuse box.

Cheers
Geoff

"GO THE NAV V6's"

Just be carefully of how much current you draw of the circuit you plug into. If the wire supplying where you are plugging into is not up to the job you will melt your harness or cause a fire. I am doing a wiring diagram thread in the D22 electrical section and I will put up a way you can do this along with one for a full power supply setup for all your accessories.
Cheers, Brad.

Latest posts

Back