Fishing Trip in Jan 12 - Suggestions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wex

Reaction score
Hey guys,

heading off fishing for 2 weeks in Jan and looking for some suggestions of locations - leaving from brissie.

Have done the Straddie thing a few times this year and the numbers of fish are getting less and less.

Any recommendations?

hey wex with straddie i have found through the old mans fishing club that in november most of the bigger fish get caught usually average above the 3kg mark with the tailor best has been 6kg but for something a bit different you could try south ballina in northern nsw you dont need a beach permit and theres a caravan park at the entrance to the beach get plenty of salmon there if youve never caught them before can be good fun especially when they start jumping out of the water

Mate I found the best fishing spot near straddie it was so good and I did't want to forget where it was I painted an X on the side of my boat so I could find it again.................................:sarcastic: :thefinger:

crap i'm doing 7 days at straddie this christmas and was gonna do a lot of fishing..guess we'll leave the boat at home.

well ill be at straddie this weekend and also the weekend after for 4 days ill let everyone know how the fishing goes hopefully plenty will be caught and plenty of rum polished off

We will probably end up going prawning around that time of Summer but we are in Victoria so that's not much good to you.

just got back from nth straddie and the fish were deffinately on the chew this weekend we had a session last night of about 4hrs of jewies and chopper tailor hittin almost everybait we put in the water most of the jewies werent of a legal size majority all around 50-60cm 75cms being legal but the best was a 6kg jewie and a 3kg tailor most of the taior were around the 1.5-2kg mark bloody good fun

hey you guys come down to Melbourne..
the snapper are going off big time..
30-40 in one afternoon,up to 6 kg....awesome

Back