Fitting a fire extinguisher

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All,

Has anyone put thought to the fact that a 1kg Fire Extinguisher flying around the cabin in a roll over / accident might not be a good idea? How have you guys secured it? With the bracket? I have thought of putting it under the drivers seat then thought about the prang side of things. It appears that with every placement option their is a balance of easy access / safety!

Opinions / Ideas very welcome!

i have mine in tray next to drawers
ime mainly concerned about cooking fires while camping
the only thing i store behind back seat is a few tarps and 1st aid kit

A 1kg dry chemical extinguisher doesn't last long at all. We were tested on various types of extinguishers back when DAS was over near the Army base at 16th Transport and the 1kg jobbies were pitiful, but if you used them the right way you could put out a fair fire with them.

As for not having it fly around the cabin in a roll-over - I was SO looking forward to rolling my car over, now I think I'll give it a miss because of the danger my fire extinguisher presents! Seriously, it's a good point - I might just go mount it in the tub instead.

Latest posts

Back