fog light swap

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigMik3

Reaction score
I've done some digging around with the search function but cant seem to find the answer. maybe my terms led fog light were too generic.
Im looking to take out the stock foglights and replace them with something better. Ive been looking at LED/HID floodlights. What im after is size of stock lights I think they are 4"and can I run the new floodlights off the original harness or would I have to wire a new one in? ideally id like to keep them running off the stock harness so I can just use the indicator stalk but if need be ill run a new harness, switch ect...
If anyone has done this id love to hear from you. Which way did you go HID/LED was it worth it, any issues ect..
Any help is much appreciated

I've done it mate when I get home I'll post some pictures for you but the generic and common led flood lights you see everywhere fit snuggly in the ARB fog light space, no dramas using the original loom either.

Fashion up your own brackets etc and it's good to go. You won't get distance but great spread left and right perfect for tracks and roads.

I was thinking of getting 75w highpowered hids for mine. But no way am i touching the ebay shit from over seas

I'll throw the photos up in the morning mate but I used the four screw's in the back save the bracket that the light comes with I fastened it to the bar with some flat bar and held it in place with mastic :)

are you talking about swapping these
IMAG0434.jpg

to something like this?
IMAG0433.jpg

Yeah mate they are the ones. Good to see I shouldn't have any dramas. Anyone used euro beams before? I think I will be getting 2 euro beams seem to be best of both worlds

Ordered 2 euro beams from sun yee last night can't wait to put em in. Mike any chance of some pics of how you mounted it?

Mate if your worried about current draw just pop a 12v relay into the system, so run your genuine wiring from stalk to switching terminals on relay 85 and 86 then 30 run to positive side of battery with a fuse inline and from 87 run to the positive of you fog lights. You will need to find if the stalk switch is switching positive or negative if it is switching positive then run the wire that comes from the stalk to 86 and the 85 terminal needs to be earthed on the body somewhere, if it is switching negative then just piggyback off the 30 pin to 86 and stalk wire to 85. I can draw a diagram if you like to help

thanks for the help guys but I went don't a different path. I decided to leave the factory fog lights where they are and use the LED lights as reverse lights. Going to put them on the sports bar rear facing to light up the tub and rear when off road. thanks for the help and info anyways still might do it in the future

Latest posts

Back