forefront intercooler

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bert546

Reaction score
my forefront intercooler arrived about ten days ago . it is still laying on the floor where i unpacked it because the suggested mounting points and brackets supplied are just not up to the job . wont be fitting it till i work out a better way to mount it .

G'day Bert.
Which cooler did you get. the "big" or winch model?
I fitted "big" one about 6 weeks ago, no drama's!
Goldy

G'day Bert.
Which cooler did you get. the "big" or winch model?
I fitted "big" one about 6 weeks ago, no drama's!
Goldy

I did the same as above.
At first I thought the mounting plates looked a bit sus, but once I'd bolted it in I changed my mind. I've had no dramas with mine.
Your coin, your call.

my forefront intercooler arrived about ten days ago . it is still laying on the floor where i unpacked it because the suggested mounting points and brackets supplied are just not up to the job . wont be fitting it till i work out a better way to mount it .

what exactly is wrong with the mounting points? some more info might be handy

Sorry to hijack your thread a bit Bert.
1310/71 have you noticed any appreciable changes with the cooler installed.
I have done about 2000km and think I might have up to 5% better fuel economy and I am noticing a little bit of extra torque around 1800 to 2200 rpm??
Goldy

I did notice a difference in performance but I added a 3 inch XForce a few days later and the difference seemed to drop back a little. Yes, it seemed to go backwards after fitting the exhaust. I put this down to the fact that without a dyno sheet, I cannot measure this. Who's to say that it might be more HP and torque, but it as taken away some of the lag and so it seems slower as it doesn't have the woosh anymore if that makes sense.

I fitted my winch intercooler kit today and yes it did look a bit daunting at first, but after you bite the bullet and start fitting it up it all comes into place. It all comes together well and looks neat with a bit of juggling. fj

Latest posts

Back