Found some scrap what can I make it into.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simsy

Reaction score
I was chatting to some of the guys in our factory the other day and they happened to mention that they had a little scrap to get rid of. Apparently the material is for obsolete parts to they have to dump it. I was like let me have a look you never know I might be able to find a use for it

IMG_0683 by paulrsims, on Flickr

defiantly looks useable but for what, better have a closer look.

36mm NB pipe and 5mm plate, put a couple bits up on a table and the answer was obvious.

IMG_0684 by paulrsims, on Flickr

I got 1 of the chaps at work to bend a couple more pipes and cut some plate add a touch of welding and I am at this point.

IMG_0685 by paulrsims, on Flickr

A bit of trimming, clean up and hey presto I have a set of Rock Sliders cost to this point 0.00 got to love that.

IMG_0686 by paulrsims, on Flickr

So the dimensions if anybody is interested are 36mm NB so thats 39mm outside diameter pipe, the plates are 5mm, overall length is 1600mm and they are 200mm wide. At this point they weigh 11.6Kgs each so not to bad. I plan to use the remainder of the pipe and plate to make the mounting brackets and then get the lot hot dip galvanised and painted. Total expected cost should be under $10 for some bolts. I will post so more as I progress.

That's cool. Great work, always works out better when you can get the materials for free hahahah

Free is they only way lol. I was planning on putting some alloy checker plate on top but I think I will keep them clean and angled slightly up in true rock slider style.

Hot dip galv then 2 pack paint black. powder coating is good until it gets scratched then it will just peel off.

Help I am a little stuck my plan was to sandwich the chassis between 2 5mm plates to mount my sliders but I don't seem to be able to find any satisfactory locations to mount them this way. Dose anybody out there have a 08 ish Thai Navara D40 with steps/sliders attached to the chassis and if they do could they please take some pictures of how they are mounted for me.

I have a 2011 Thai d40 dude with arb side steps and they are mounted buy a bracket with bolts and a plate at back of chassis if you get me???????? Sort of like a U bolt job but plates both sides

any chance you could sneak under there with the camera and snap a few pics for me when you get a chance please

Latest posts

Back