Fraser Trip in December

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't normally have to but I have never gone that time of year so I would ring them if I was you and just check. Better to Be safe

Yeah that's what I was thinking. No booking need for Inskip either. Plus the fact it's $65 cheaper and shorter trips of only 10 minute intervals.
Has anyone got on from inskip??

I have done it from inskip four times, kingfisher once and wangoolba creek once, the one at inskip can be tricky getting on and off depending on tides and how churned up the sand is but usually in a proper 4wd most people have no dramas, expect a long wait though since your going at probably the busiest time of the year. The road out of kingfisher bay is absolute shite but once your onto government land its not to bad but a long way from any campgrounds. Wangoolba creek is onto a sort of hard gravel track so no worries about getting bogged and its quite close to central station/lakes.

Any info will be good help. The Nav will be sweet from inskip I reckon, will be going with a cruiser aswell. So might be pulling them out ;).
I think it should be okay. We are Beach camping also

Yea its not really any different to other beach entry/exits and if your beach camping I have heard around eurong isn't to bad (1 tree rocks) plus its close to most of the places you will want to visit, theres a shop there if you need ice ect.

no probs, I have been there so many times so always happy to help people out with info.

you should probably make a bucket list of things you want to do as well and prioritise them according to the tides (like fishing in the morning or something and lakes in the arvo) cause I had a look at the tide predictions for waddy point, looks like the big tide (2m) will be in the mornings while you are there so don't expect to go anywhere on the eastern beach 2 hours either side of it cause the waves in alot of places come right up to the dunes.

there is a positive though, that means you will have the small tide for your afternoons which means beach travel is still feasible just you will need to go a bit slower meaning you can stay out longer since it won't get dark till about 6.30-7

Also I wouldn't bother with the underbody car washes up here on your way back they tend to just reuse the same water over and over.

Last edited:
Depends what your plans are. My favourite camp spot is north of Orchid Beach but it is not too accessible to all the tourist attractions further south (and is probably the reason I like it!)

Well we plan on moving around a bit camp in like 3 different areas over the 7 days.
We plan on peach camping near Eli, camping at one tree rocks for a couple nights and also at a waddy point for two nights.
Now I'm fine with booking permits although I have to wait til 3 months before to book. What about booking the actual camping sight at waddy point? Is there another place to book?

Think waddy point has 2 camps 1 beachfront and one further up behind the dunes, so maybe decide which best suits your needs but im pretty sure its like a 500m walk if you had to take a shit from the beach ones to the toilets.

Central station is a nice place to camp if its really hot, probably like 10c cooler than everywhere else, if you camp at one tree rocks theres a toilet block at eurong to if you get tired of the bush toilet/shower, plus if you sneak up the back of that fraser island beach houses resort there is a hose with freshwater for you to wash cars down with.

Last edited:
180degrees said:
Think waddy point has 2 camps 1 beachfront and one further up behind the dunes, so maybe decide which best suits your needs but im pretty sure its like a 500m walk if you had to take a shit from the beach ones to the toilets.

Central station is a nice place to camp if its really hot, probably like 10c cooler than everywhere else, if you camp at one tree rocks theres a toilet block at eurong to if you get tired of the bush toilet/shower, plus if you sneak up the back of that fraser island beach houses resort there is a hose with freshwater for you to wash cars down with.

Ah yeah toilets and self suffiency isn't a worry that's the poin of camping right ;).
Yeah just like nice places really :)

FB, are you set on beach camping? Me and a few mates are planning a trip there early December and I was planning to just beach camp but I was told to look at the beach houses there and it turned out to be just over $100ea for 6 nights. If you have a few going with you I would suggest having a look at these houses.

Cookey.

Black beast said:
FB, are you set on beach camping? Me and a few mates are planning a trip there early December and I was planning to just beach camp but I was told to look at the beach houses there and it turned out to be just over $100ea for 6 nights. If you have a few going with you I would suggest having a look at these houses.

Cookey.

We will be camping at waddy point for twos couple nights, near Eli beach a couple nights and then wherever after that. Just goin with the flow haha

Sounds like an awesome trip mate. I'm a little bit jealous of your beach camping, would have loved to crawl out of a swag to see that beach :) it just became too much of a hassle for our crew to manage so we settled on a house. Better than nothing right?

Cookey.
I stayed there ages ago, was pretty good for the money we paid, theres even a hose with freshwater for your car.

180degrees said:
I stayed there ages ago, was pretty good for the money we paid, theres even a hose with freshwater for your car.

Sounds nice but I'm really keen on camping. I
Love camping and relaxing. Spewing that fires aren't allowed but ahwell. Gas cooker will do.

Yeah houses suck. well not totally but yeah. you cant move camp you drive ip the beach and have to drive all the way back to go to your house. camping you can drive to where you like and setup there keep driving in the morning. thats what i found anyways

Latest posts

Back