Fridge sizes/brands

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here is my 2cents worth, not trying to offend anybody just my personal opinion.
my folks both have waeco's, dad an 80 litre and mum has the 30'ish litre one, dads is great, but i dont like the lid design on mums smaller one. honestly im not a fan of the waeco or the arb as they seem very plasticky, if thats a word lol.
from all reports engels are the ducks guts but come with a hefty price tag...
I bought and would reccomend to anybody, a Primus 40lt 2 way fridge, its a stainless steel construction (so its all shiny) and tuff. and it has a lower current draw than both the engel and waeco. it runs a polar compressor.

just my opinion, but definately woth considering!

In the market for a fridge to go camping with now.

Just wondering on peoples thoughts on how big it should be and the brands i should stick to.

I have heard good things about waeco and engel.

Would a 30L fridge be enough for a good weekends camping or can i go smaller or even a lot bigger?

any info would be great!

Gday. I bought a 40L EvaKool about a year ago after seeing them at the off road show. Hasn't missed a beat yet and is quite considerate with the amount of power it draws. Best thing about EvaKool is that their compressors are apparently the same as Engel and have great warranty. The difference is they are about half the price.

The 40L has been great, but I reckon I'll certainly be looking for a 60L in the short term. Extra space never goes astray.

Wow a 300ah battery that would be massive let alone dam heavy. I am installing a 100ah battery and will also have a 100-120 watt solar panel. How ling you reckon the battery is gonna last running a 60l evakool?

Also I have noticed they have brought out the yellow fridge in a 60L model and it looks neat. but it is another 100mm longer then standard

Sorry 100ah model number is agm3001 something

About the 300 AmpHr battery, it would be large and very heavy. I have a 225AmpHr and that is in the form of two 6V 225AmpHr batteries in series. These I can lift and move around by hand.

Just got an ARB 48L fridge freezer, haven't even turned it on yet. Looking forward to Labour day long weekend to give it a trial run. Now however I need tie down tracking in the tub floor and a to check the wiring on the socket that's in there already.

G,day folks,

My family and I have got one of those ARB 47litre fridge/freezers. We have taken it to Cape York, the Gulf Country and around numerous camping locations in NSW.

So far we cannot fault this product. We will be heading back to Cape York again next August.

Currently she is being used as my beer fridge.

Regards,

RLI
:rofl2:

Just to bring this thread back to life i am wondering how every1's fridges are traveling, we are looking at getting one in the next few months, i was looking at the arb 60lt due to the danfoss compressor but now after reading this thread have to reconsider the evakool's, so any feedback on how your fridges are going would be great
Cheers

i have been running a 60L arb fridge constantly now for over a year and havnt had a drama, great fridge, ties down well and the lid comes off a breeze.

Love my Engel premium edition(white fibreglass model) in a 60L. I advise not to purchase the budget evakool from bcf as they don't contain the danfross item. If I was to purchase again I would either choose the arb 60 or the Engel 60l items. Both have very good reputation and haven't heard of anyone having any dramas as of yet.

Rusty

I've had my 60 lt engel for a couple of years now,not long i know but it does run 24/7,except for one day a month when it gets a clean out.
No problems with it and i couldn't be happier with it.

We have had the Evakool 70 litre for 14 months, but it hasn't really had a workout except for the first month.

That reminds me to get A-> G and give its monthly run.

I recently bought a chill star branded unit from western star trucks. 40 litre $400 with 240v adaptor and transit bag. It actually appears to be a copy of the previous model waeco. Working pretty Damn good so far touch wood. I know a few of the guys that work for western star and they say they are selling hundreds of them and having no returns, the only one that came back was because the bloke who bought it couldn't change temp setting but didn't bother to read the manual.

Has anybody checked out the new Waeco CFX range of fridges yet?

I'd be interested in a report from anyone that's given one a good testing. Whole new design to the old range but the biggest thing is they're not running a Danfoss compressor anymore :(

Cheers,

TF

Has anybody checked out the new Waeco CFX range of fridges yet?

I'd be interested in a report from anyone that's given one a good testing. Whole new design to the old range but the biggest thing is they're not running a Danfoss compressor anymore :(

Cheers,

TF

My best mate just got one and was awsome. We're we're away for 3 nights and he was using my ark pack with 130 ah battery and after the trip it was still reading 100% power....

My best mate just got one and was awsome. We're we're away for 3 nights and he was using my ark pack with 130 ah battery and after the trip it was still reading 100% power....

I've just downloaded Waeco's operational manual for the CFX range. Looks like a Danfoss compressor, Waeco (Dometic) are probably into rebadging now.

The manual reckons the thing can draw up to 7A on 12V - now in reality it's only going to do that if it really needs to and the current cold weather we're experiencing makes any refrigeration a rather simple and low-power exercise, so I'd love to see the performance in summer.

Latest posts

Back