Front recovery points D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MPH70

Reaction score
Just thought i would post the drawing of the front recovery points that i made due the unfortunate happenings of the outback ideas gentleman not being able to manafacture them,so i hope this drawing helps.

Attachments

• DSC00029.jpg
    DSC00029.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 949
outback ideas don't make them anymore? lucky i have already got them.

Hi

I am going to make a set of these for d22 nav.I just want to know did you make them out of flat plate or angle iron

Shane

why??

D22 already has D's as stock or are you looking to fit some to the rear?
i would rather have hooks.

For the rear, we're getting a block that fits into the Hayman Reese mount, locked in place with the pin, with a hook - supposed to take something like 5 tonnes or something. Neat solution for those with Hayman Reese hitches. I was advised against putting too much strain (even a load-leveller) on the Nissan hitch, as it's only designed to take 3 tonnes in a rearward fashion - there's no strengthening to withstand torsion loads or off-axis loads. That's why I went Hayman Reese.

For the front, there's a great big bloody plate under the front already with a big hole in it for a recovery hook. Why would I need more than that?

hi shaggy i made them out of 10 mm angle iron and have pulled out plenty of toyotas with them and they work great

Hi mate I have a Navara D40 RX Thai built and I want to make the same recovery point that you have.
Question: to access the recovery point nuts inside the chassis, did you have to remove the bullbar?
Many thanks

The nuts are welded inside the chassis. Now for the $50000 question. Does anyone know what thread they are for a Spainish D40?
Removed the tiedown bracket and it looks like a fine metric thread but not sure which pitch.
Got 2 Rhinomax recovery points off eBay.

mgermasi said:
Hi mate I have a Navara D40 RX Thai built and I want to make the same recovery point that you have.
Question: to access the recovery point nuts inside the chassis, did you have to remove the bullbar?
Many thanks

On Thai models the nuts are welded inside the chassis on the drivers side only. There are holes on the passenger side with no nuts though. A real Pain in the bum

The nuts are welded inside the chassis. Now for the $50000 question. Does anyone know what thread they are for a Spainish D40?
Removed the tiedown bracket and it looks like a fine metric thread but not sure which pitch.
Got 2 Rhinomax recovery points off eBay.

In mine they are M12 x 1.25. I had to use 50mm long bolts due to the bull bar bracket + the recovery points. I found High Tensile zinc plated bolts in small packs in the local auto shop.

what happend with outback ideas??? are they not aloud to make them for some reason? I know ARB are working on recovery points for the mining industry after a few incidents... The new points will be chassis rated to meet the mining saftey regs... I have seen the hilux one they have finished and it is realy big and about 350mm long fith multiple mounting points to spread load over the chassis. Think they were about $200.

The Outback Ideas points as well as another brand are on eBay. My 2010 Thai build D40 doesn't have tapped holes on the driver side for a recovery point. But a bigger problem is getting under the bullbar, it sits so low so as to protect the radiator.

The one i bought was rubbish and done with very little thought. The holes don't match up.

So i went to ORE in Myaree, and got the hitch recovery point and a pair of front recovery points that match existing holes.

$140 for the lot

A pair of Rhinomax recovery points are $85 on eBay delivered. Same design as Outback Ideas but are bright zinc plated.

Yeah, I emailed that guy about them He was tops. I told him my D40 doesn't have tapped holes on the drivers side and he offered to sell me just 1 "if it would help me out".

I think it's only some d40's that don't have the tapped holes on both sides,mine does and i fitted outback ideas on both sides. 2005 d40 stx dc,spanish.

Had a quick chat to ARB tech support this morning, they said, without hesitation, that the hook/tiedown point on the passenger side is not rated by Nissan as a recovery point.

I didn't ask whether it was the hook/tiedown that wasn't rated or the actual way and/or location the hook/tiedown is attached to the chassis. But after reading this thread - http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=4906 - I'm not real keen on using it for anything.

The term rated gets loosely used, but it appears there are no Nissan approved front recovery points on the D40 Navara.

Last edited:
Just thought i would post the drawing of the front recovery points that i made due the unfortunate happenings of the outback ideas gentleman not being able to manafacture them,so i hope this drawing helps.

How to they fit with the low front bar

Latest posts

Back