Fuel consumption 550

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
STX 550 with a canopy and rack and nudge bar but apart from that standard.
Around 10 around town and 11 to 11.5 towing a trailer weighing around 1.3 tonnes and around low 9s when just cruising on the highway.

Mine only has 2k on it so far but on it's maiden trip on the highway returned 8.5 l/100km which was outstanding. Averaging around town so far around 10l/100km and towing my 20' van around 15.

I had a Ford Territory diesel that was doing around 10 when new, but after around 8k, loosened up and fuel consumption dropped by up to 2l/100km, so hoping a similar result on the 550.

What are you considering.... John?

Just confirming the stats for the 550 especially for towing, they are very good.

I'm more leaning to pathfinder (wagon body) than dual cab again.

Also check the actual usage against what the trip computer says as i seem to have around about .8 of a litre difference between what the computer says and the actual use.If the computer says i am returning 10 litres per 100 km and then i check it by how many ks i have done vs how many litres used i get a return of 10.8 l/100 km.
This happens on every fill.

Around town average mid 10's (but I enjoy the power), recent 4k trip from Brisbane to Cairns and back gave average of 8.6 no towing figures.

Driving around here in the Snowy Mountains and short trips around 11 to 11.5. Found that the trip computer was very optimistic being nearly 10% out. Towing a 1.6t of boat at highway speeds it returns about 12.5

It was better than this but seems to have dropped off a bit over the last 12 months.

Just confirming the stats for the 550 especially for towing, they are very good.

I'm more leaning to pathfinder (wagon body) than dual cab again.

John I understand that the R52 Pathfinder which is due later this year will be AWD and no diesel option.

Hmm me mine has done 45000. Started off at the 10 mark. Now sit closer to 13.5 to 14around town. Ute has bull bar roof rack lights draw in tub and is always carrying a full pay load.
The driver doesn't take it easy on the right foot either. Start towing my 2-25 tonne boat and the figure quickly heads towards 17 around town. Never seen 8 or 9's not even when I drove it out the showroom floor...

Should have added, I use an app on my phone (Gas Cubby) and record my fuel use. Over 22,000 klms it is sitting on 10.6. That is real world driving, including highway, secondary road, towing (up to 3 tonnes), 4wd use, short trips, lots of hills, etc.

Uses less fuel than my previous 2.5 plus it goes a heap faster ........

my 2012 stx fitted with bull bar, side bars, canopy and trade rack, rear step bar, lights and aerial for uhf, dual batteries, 2" lift, 12000lb winch with plasma rope and running on 265/70R17 muddies gets on average 13.5L/100kms normal driving and towing a 1T off road camper about 15L/100kms in the bush in low range on a trip to Melbourne which is 500kms round trip driving like a pussy I got it down to 10L/100kms

yeah my computer says 11 all the time unless you keep reseting it and it will then give me instant fuel reading around 10.5. i think 11 is average over all driving.

Latest posts

Back