Fuel consumption meter

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mainly only use mine as a speedo these days, the volts, temp etc that show on there are only there too fill the screen, I use them on longer trips but not really on short trips. I adjust it each time I fill the tank and occasional use the "to empty" figures to give me an idea of whats left especially after bouncing around the farm in low gear and high revs where economy goes out the window.

But in general road use these days the "to empty" part of the gauge is easier to figure out in my head. The odo may be wrong and the fuel gauge might be wrong but if I've only done road kilometers on the current tank I know I ought to think about looking for a servo when the odo nears 700 or the red light has been on for more than 100ks and with so many servos around it's not like planning a trip to the servo is a big deal.

Still I wouldn't get rid of the thing, it's easier than fighting Nissan to get the speedo fixed and it does provide good information when I need it, I just don't always need it.

Latest posts

Back