Fuel Economy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markb2501

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I do a few kms each with with a trip to the orifice (aka office ;() in Sydney. Was pretty chuffed with the (diesel) economy this week from Julio - I think it came to about 8.9l/100km. He's an auto diesel from 2006.

Attachments

• Julio Kms.jpg
    Julio Kms.jpg
    592.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Julio Litres.jpg
    Julio Litres.jpg
    392.2 KB · Views: 0
^ That's below the factory consumption claim ... it would be interesting to find out:

* What tyres you're using, and their pressures
* What supplier are you buying fuel from
* What kind of load you're carrying
* Do you have a canopy/bullbar etc?

^ That's below the factory consumption claim ... it would be interesting to find out:

* What tyres you're using, and their pressures
* What supplier are you buying fuel from
* What kind of load you're carrying
* Do you have a canopy/bullbar etc?
Thanks mate, double cab… x3 A/T tyres, one road tyre. I have a canopy. I pretty much put diesel gold in it, usually sourced from an independent servo if in Sydney, or a Mobil, if I’m on the other side of the Blue Mountains.
Have only had the Ute since just before Christmas. It was a workhorse when moving house!
I try not to carry too much collateral in the Ute to minimise my booty 😉!
Hope this helps clarify things 🤩

Thanks mate, double cab… x3 A/T tyres, one road tyre. I have a canopy. I pretty much put diesel gold in it, usually sourced from an independent servo if in Sydney, or a Mobil, if I’m on the other side of the Blue Mountains.
Have only had the Ute since just before Christmas. It was a workhorse when moving house!

Well, it certainly sounds like you got a Wednesday build - look after it, it's really doing well.

Well, it certainly sounds like you got a Wednesday build - look after it, it's really doing well.
Thanks mate, he’s just clocked 300K kms, planning on regularly servicing him, like the other vehicles in the fleet… just need to work on the passenger front window which won’t operate from driver or passenger door, and the fan blower. Country driving is fine, though stop start traffic in Sydney is a bitch without the fan! Longer trips can be done with the aircon ‘on,’ but seeping through…

I dream of getting 11 unladen. Buy a tatts ticket!

I have just purchased a 2013 Cab Chassis STX auto with 80k on the clock. Economy is shocking. About 15 litres/100km. My manual STX dual cab does about 9.5 l/100km. Hard to put the difference down to driving style. The auto has big tyres; 265/70 Geolandar X-AT. Could they be a factor?

I run the same size tyre in Michelin's and my economy is 9-11 ltrs per 100 klm, that's the standard consumption for the 550, do you know if someone has chipped it? Is it more responsive than norma? They can be chipped to return 212 kw but economy suffers, my one is not chipped and done over 200,000 klm.

Thanks Bruce. No, not chipped. It doesn't appear especially responsive. My manual dual cab has more get up and go. The auto revs higher and seems to take a while to shift into top gear.

Is that a 2.5 or a 3.0 litre V6, I get 9-11 out of my 550, use a bit more when towing my 17 foot van.
Thanks Bruce, it's the 2.5 diesel - auto. I try to only drive like Grandpa, reserving my lead foot for when it's actually needed. I'm thinking of getting some road tyres for it. That should help the economy too.

Thanks Bruce, it's the 2.5 diesel - auto. I try to only drive like Grandpa, reserving my lead foot for when it's actually needed. I'm thinking of getting some road tyres for it. That should help the economy too.
Standard they should do 0-100 klmh in under 10 seconds, my tires are for off road as well, could be your particulate filter is clogged up, I have a great mechanic in Kingswood in NSW, if your in another state it would be worthwhile finding a good mechanic. I had a Rodeo 2.8 4wd 1994 model had it dyno chuned by ARB at Moorebank, she went like a train after that and the economy was much better.bmay be worth while.

Sorry I thought we were talking the V6 but apart from the 0-100 time everything else is relevant. I had two 2.5 units both STX 4wds and in six speed manuals I used to do 7-9 ltrs per 100 K not towing.

Yes my older STX is better but it is a manual. The dyno tune may be a good option. Not sure there is anyone in my area though. My mechanic has suggested swapping wheels with my dual cab to see if that is a factor. May try that first.

Latest posts

Back