Fuel Economy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I said before, I owned two D40 STX 2.5 manuals, I changed to an auto as my left knee started playing up with bumper to bumper Sydney traffic, I used to do 40,000 klm a year for 20 years in my business, I looked around at the 4wd vehicles in autos, tried, Colorado,Triton, BT50 and Navara last, really disappointed in all of them, and told that to the dealer, that's when he suggested the 550
Actually, checked again tonight. The difference is 5 kph at 100 kph.Not sure we can compare fuel consumption between a 4 cylinder and a V6 though or can we?
Well theoretically you should be getting better economy than me, I'm running two extra cylinders and another 500 cc capacity, but mine revs lower.

Bugger if you were in Sydney I'd put you in touch with my mechanic, he's very good and not expensive, I googled what the economy should be on a D40 2.5 ltr auto, it gave me both petrol and diesel, you're running around the same as a petrol, see attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230308-204721.png
    Screenshot_20230308-204721.png
    440.3 KB · Views: 0
Bugger if you were in Sydney I'd put you in touch with my mechanic, he's very good and not expensive, I googled what the economy should be on a D40 2.5 ltr auto, it gave me both petrol and diesel, you're running around the same as a petrol, see attached.
Thanks for that. I have a mechanic in the family. I'll get him on to it eventually.

All the best with it Joe, let me know how you go, think the others on here will also be interested to know what the problem is.

Latest posts

Back