Fuel filter change over

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAV2795

Reaction score
Hey boys,
Latly in the mornings when ive started the 2007 nav up, its been ideling a bit rough, uneven reves. Its only been going on at cold starts and after about 10 minutes its good as gold. Took it to my cousin whos a diesle mechanic, a good one at that, and he reacons best bet would be to change the diesle filter, he says if injecters and plugs were stuffed it'll do it all the time, what yous reacon?

20 bucks!? my cousin gets em for $90...just a filter. The spain built ones arent cheap, but wouldnt mind knowing the place the does them for 20!

when my last D40 was doing what you describe it ended up being the "SUCTION CONTROL VALVE"

Ryco filters are aroumd rhe 20-30 range for the D22s, i didnt think a D40 would be much different

The D40's run two entirely different filter systems between the Spain and the Thai model.
The Thai runs a filter that is very much the same as the D22 BUT the Spain built is totally different in every way, there is no primer on top, the fuel lines are plumbed vertically in the top of the unit.
Next time you are near a Nissan dealer pop the bonnet on an ST and check it out, they're a strange bit of gear.

The D40's run two entirely different filter systems between the Spain and the Thai model.
The Thai runs a filter that is very much the same as the D22 BUT the Spain built is totally different in every way, there is no primer on top, the fuel lines are plumbed vertically in the top of the unit.
Next time you are near a Nissan dealer pop the bonnet on an ST and check it out, they're a strange bit of gear.

Not all D40s are like that, mine runs one with a primer on top looks like D22 but it is different model no. They are still quite expensive though, i have seen them on ebay cheap but not sure of quality.

And you pay for strange, one version of the STX's in 09 (there was 3 different filters in 09) is $170 from Nissan. There is plenty of argument as to whether the likes of Sakura or other leading brands make a comparable after market one but given it only needs changing every 40K it's not like it's a huge expense. Be different if it needed to be changed regularly.

Not all D40s are like that, mine runs one with a primer on top looks like D22 but it is different model no. They are still quite expensive though, i have seen them on ebay cheap but not sure of quality.

Did you even read what you quoted me on?? best you have another read.
Im not saying ALL D40's use two filters in the one engine bay (although some of the older ones actually did)
I have owned two different D40's and both had different filter set ups.

Where was your D40 manufactured and what model is it, I bet its not a 2012 spain built. otherwise you would have the same filter system as mine has.

Last edited:
The filter in my 2008 D40 is very different to those in the D22. Indeed the one in the D22 is exactly the same as the one that was in my 2.8TDI Patrol. The D40 filter is a fully self contained piece of kit.....electrics, water trap, and canister are one piece. The primer is a bulb external to and separate from the filter.

The filter in my 2008 D40 is very different to those in the D22. Indeed the one in the D22 is exactly the same as the one that was in my 2.8TDI Patrol. The D40 filter is a fully self contained piece of kit.....electrics, water trap, and canister are one piece. The primer is a bulb external to and separate from the filter.

Yep thats the one thats on my 2012 ST SPAIN build, BUT if you look under the hood of a THAI BUILT like my old 2010 ST, its like the old style similar to the D22 and your old pootrol with the primer on the top ect.

thanks for the input boys, its gonna cost me $94 for a ryco fuel filter my d40, there are cheaper but for the sake of a few extra bucks might aswell get the good stuff! And nathand22, ill definetly look into it if this doesnt fix it!

Did you even read what you quoted me on?? best you have another read.
Im not saying ALL D40's use two filters in the one engine bay (although some of the older ones actually did)
I have owned two different D40's and both had different filter set ups.

Where was your D40 manufactured and what model is it, I bet its not a 2012 spain built. otherwise you would have the same filter system as mine has.

Yes i did read smartarse, mine is a spain built 2006 STX and it runs a different filter again, much like the D22 in looks but actually a different part no.So there you go tough guy.

Yes i did read smartarse, mine is a spain built 2006 STX and it runs a different filter again, much like the D22 in looks but actually a different part no.So there you go tough guy.

Miserable member, wonder where that came from

:rofl2: Hold your horses there big fella, If you did read what i posted then you will realise im actually agreeing with what you are saying.
That is D40's run two different types of filters therefor the price for each is likely to be very different.

OH and if you must know the miserable member came about as a joke with admin when a few of us were changing usernames ect, :ha:

Last edited:
thanks for the input boys, its gonna cost me $94 for a ryco fuel filter my d40, there are cheaper but for the sake of a few extra bucks might aswell get the good stuff! And nathand22, ill definetly look into it if this doesnt fix it!

I hope the filter is all that it is and you dont have to muck around with changing the SCV, Nissan in there search for my problem said it was the timing chain and due to it being stretched it was playing havoc with two of the sensors (one on the bottom end and one up top) causing them to be getting two different readings which intern gave the ECU the wrong info and made it constantly fluctuate the idle when cold.
I didnt think it had anything to do with it but didnt argue because they were going to do the timing chain for free.
After they changed the chain a realised it wasnt the prob they replaced the SCV and what do you know........... problem fixed.

Latest posts

Back