fuel issues...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well the bloody thing is doing it again!

after gunning it at a set of lights to 3K and shifting into 2nd, it was happy for about 300m til it started to cough and die.

i dont understand as the whole day beforehand i had driven about 80km including freeway and a lot of around town stop/start.

why oh why is this happening now? and why so randomly?

plenty of air in the fuel lines, thats for sure.

no issues with people not hearing you, its much much clearer for the people receiving.

also if you're in dense bush/trail which i really hilly then there is also no issues with communications loss.

also as an emergency, you can transmit very very far and people will be able to hear you, however you probably wont hear them back unless they got a tweaked icom too.

its nice knowing you'll never have communications issues haha

Bought my icom 5 or 6 years ago, salesman was like do this, do that, power gain always meant to but just can,t be stuffed one day maybe

software is available online, but you'll need a programming cable (ebay)

also its illegal, just so you know... but i use it for good, not spamming the fk out of others.

nah, its the primer pump.

i have clear fuel line fitted going to and from the pump, i can see all the air bubbles as the fuel goes in and the bubbles as the fuel goes out.

also the landcruisers have water sedimenter filters (which should work).

how'd you get water in yours?

Where do you get your parts from for that Cruiser ?

Australia, South Africa and the Middle East are the only places in the world to get the utes, so there wouldn't be to many places to get parts for them overseas.

Dave.

was a local shop, autopro or something?

the tierod kit was the only thing i bought from a local 'autopro/supercheap' type shop, only cause i knew i could get it for a good price and jap made.

the ebay tierod kits are also jap made, but didnt have any greaseable ones that i wanted.

all my filters i use are OSK (osaka japanese filters).

when i did my front end rebuild i used all jap bearings from my local 4wd shop (cheaper then ebay!), CV's were aftermarket chromoly TrailGear ones from USA (from same 4wd shop), and my gasket kit was a toyota genuine (dad bought it years ago just in case). brake pads and slotted rotors were off ebay from some australian company (ADB? not DBA), and they've held up very nicely.

i havent had to buy many parts, but when i do its usually off ebay (smaller and cheaper items), and major things are usually local, like the bilsteins i'm getting for the front end and the tough dog rear leaf packs.

i try shop around for best prices as often as i can

Last edited:
Cheers for the filter info.

I use genuine in mine I get off Garry but I have never heard of OSK.

Will look them up.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back