Fuel Rail Sensor

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doc

Reaction score
I've searched, but not found anything definitive...

Can anyone tell me if the fuel rail sensor is available as a stand-alone part? (not including the fuel rail) After-market is fine, but trying to track one down.

I have reason to suspect that my fuel rail sensor is on the way out, so would like to replace it.

I have a 2008 ST-X manual trans, with a young 90K on the dial.

Symptom is - when chip is connected, all is good with the world. When chip is disconnected, engine light comes on and limp mode happens (no power, bugger-all revs). Reset the ECU, vehicle runs fine. Turn it off, go again, and limp mode. Reconnect the chip, all good. As I have an early "chip it" that basically plays with rail pressure only and monitors boost, rail sensor is the likely culprit.

I'm not intending on disconnecting the chip anytime soon, but would still like to have the underlying isue fixed.

One of the pins on my rail sensor plug actually pushed out and i got a similar fault to you.easy to check...

Jimmy - good man :) I reckon camo needs some help with his.

Mine - I know the issue - the sensor appears to be farked. Just looking for a replacement. Unfortunately the sensor that camo linked to is for 3L motors, not the YD2.5. I've heard tell that the sensor for the D40's is only available as part of the fuel rail assembly.

Anyway, will keep kicking tyres :)

Thanks all!

You are correct Doc. I rang nissan as I have been chasing a fault in mine for weeks and weeks and the only thing I hadn't changed was the Pressure Sensor and the Vacuum control Valve! Car would stall at lights after warming up and revs dropped below 1000rpm. restart then conk again. Could still drive it but needed to keep the revs up. Was very very annoying.
I cleaned MAf, Cleaned Throttle Body, Reset ECU, Fuel rail re learn also, Changed out this part ($350 non trade/ $270 trade) and it hasn't faulted in 4 days now! Cheering. Took 20 minutes to do Nissan wanted to charge me 2.5 hours. Part is avail on ebay for $130 but I needed it now.
Apparently Nissan superseded the original part with this new one so they must be aware of the fault.
Its 2 allen Key bolts on the injector pump at the back. There are two types. Measure yours and tell the dealer. Mine 2010 Thai is the 25mm one there is also a 45 mm one.
I have pics but not hosted.

Does anyone know if a PO093 refers to a pressure releif valve opening...im noticing that mine under full boost at over 4000 rpm with the pedal on the floor...ie passing or hooning,it feels like the relief valve is opening (like you just lifted your foot from the pedal and put it back down to half throttle really fast)and then i get this error....i can replicate it pretty consistaintly.

You are correct Doc. I rang nissan as I have been chasing a fault in mine for weeks and weeks and the only thing I hadn't changed was the Pressure Sensor and the Vacuum control Valve! Car would stall at lights after warming up and revs dropped below 1000rpm. restart then conk again. Could still drive it but needed to keep the revs up. Was very very annoying.
I cleaned MAf, Cleaned Throttle Body, Reset ECU, Fuel rail re learn also, Changed out this part ($350 non trade/ $270 trade) and it hasn't faulted in 4 days now! Cheering. Took 20 minutes to do Nissan wanted to charge me 2.5 hours. Part is avail on ebay for $130 but I needed it now.
Apparently Nissan superseded the original part with this new one so they must be aware of the fault.
Its 2 allen Key bolts on the injector pump at the back. There are two types. Measure yours and tell the dealer. Mine 2010 Thai is the 25mm one there is also a 45 mm one.
I have pics but not hosted.

Are you talking about the suction control valve? If so i wasntnaware they were diffrent between the thai/spain...that measurement you said...is that the diameter of the valve or the length

images

Back