gauges aren't gauges

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Nick

Reaction score
Hi all. Anyone got feedback on gauge quality i.e. are there any that are considered to be crap? I see Repco and Supercrap have sales on gauges (up to 60% off) but don't want to spend money on rubbish.

If you have suggestions of where else to source them, let me know.

Cheers, Nick

i got a brand called Autotechnica. its an electronic boost gauge, took me 5min to wire up and i love it. cost me $40

I run autometer boost, volt and egt guages, they are a little on the expensive side but well worth the money, i got them from the US, with the exchange rate nearly dollar for dollar at the moment you can get some pretty good deals from there!

I run autometer boost, volt and egt guages, they are a little on the expensive side but well worth the money, i got them from the US, with the exchange rate nearly dollar for dollar at the moment you can get some pretty good deals from there!

+1 Autometer are definantly the way to go

I use Autometer in the race car and have never been let down by them. They cost a little more than the cheap ones but I figure it is worth it for the peace of mind.

i have autometer c2 egt and boost in mine. 3 reasons really, first i have used them before and found them to be good. second, not many brands actually do egt gauges, the cheap ones you get at supercheap and repco don't do egt gauges and i wanted them to look the same. third, the reason i got c2 ones was because they were the only ones i could find that actually pretty much matched the dash in the str's. white gauge face with red/orange needles. when i got them i think they were around $250 to my door from ebay in the us. that was about 12 months ago now tho. the only "problem" if you could call it that is the egt gauge only comes in ºF not ºC. not that i really care, keep it under approx 1000ºF which is about 530ºC and you will be ok.

here is a pic of them, sorry about the crap quality, at night with a phone camera, lol
26102010.jpg

Last edited:
i spent a lil more on a boost gauge then most people here. i think it was around $100 posted to my door. RaceTech gauge i think and got it off ebay from a mob called Roadrunner Performance or something. it is super responsive and easy to wire up. as for egt gauge it came with the chip

Rusty

I use saas and have to say they are the most accurate gauges ive used

Autometre Pyro gauges are rubbish.

VDO all the way.

They make the speedo's and the tacho etc in your dash.

VDO shit all over Autometre.

There is a thread on the Patrol forum about gauges with boost and battery voltage on the one gauge.

2 volt metres in a gauge etc, pretty sure there American.

Autometre Pyro gauges are rubbish.

VDO all the way.

They make the speedo's and the tacho etc in your dash.

VDO shit all over Autometre.

yes VDO are top quality units, both for OEM and aftermarket and they have been making instrument clusters for our cars here since the sixties

Latest posts

Back