Gavs 2012 d40 st

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does look a bit like that in the photo
Front a little under 575mm
Rear 590mm
From centre of rim to underside of guard.

Last edited:
Latest Mods were a ARB awning 2x2.5m and a pro rack roof basket.
I took the racks off the canopy and blacked out the rails then put the basket directly on the rails.

Attachments

• P1030428.jpg
    P1030428.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 256
Installed forefront industries hard pipe last week.
Pretty happy with this mod. Got tiny bit more punch low down and definitely feels smoother to drive and my favourite bit, the turbo whistling and induction noise.

Attachments

• IMG_1797.jpg
    IMG_1797.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
Hi guys looking at at getting a pair of Korr 55w HID's. any body used these, are they any good.
Also trying to decide if to get 2 sread beams or 1 spot and 1spread.
They say the spot reaches up to 1.6km and the spread up to 700m.
I want them to use on country highway roads and on the tracks, can't see my myself doing any outback touring any time soon, i also have a 80w 22inch light bar on the front.
what combo does every one think would suit best.

Cheers

In reality, even a "spread beam" doesn't help a lot on hids. I have a set of cheap 7 ish inch spotties converted to hid, 1 spot and 1 spread, but they still don't spread out much. The light bar on the other hand, that gives you a hell of a lot of spread...

Ended going 1 spread and one spot Korr HID's, also got some round 18w LED's floods from Korr to put lower down in the bar.
Will post pics When i get them wired up.

Finally got round to painting my rims black yesterday also.

Attachments

• IMG_1816.jpg
    IMG_1816.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_1815.jpg
    IMG_1815.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 221
Ended going 1 spread and one spot Korr HID's, also got some round 18w LED's floods from Korr to put lower down in the bar. Will post pics When i get them wired up. Finally got round to painting my rims black yesterday also.

Looks the good mate.
Well done.

I must say I particularly like the plastic dip grill...
I am still going to get around to that one day, just have to fart around with UHF cables (as I've run them through the grill holes) now I have created Job# 522 for myself.lol

I will get to do the plastic dip but... Really like the appeal of it, breaks the front end up a bit more.

Anyways top job on the lights mate.

Hooroo!!!

Ended going 1 spread and one spot Korr HID's, also got some round 18w LED's floods from Korr to put lower down in the bar.
Will post pics When i get them wired up.

Finally got round to painting my rims black yesterday also.
Hey bud nice looking rig . How did you paint your weels did ypu powered coat them or sprayed on thanks

Hey bud nice looking rig . How did you paint your weels did ypu powered coat them or sprayed on thanks

Sprayed them mate.
I gave them a good scrub with wheel cleaner then washed them with soap and a sand with 400 grit wet n dry then sprayed them, 3 coats.
Used the wheel paint they sell at auto barn.

Cheers Gav

Looks the good mate.
Well done.

I must say I particularly like the plastic dip grill...
I am still going to get around to that one day, just have to fart around with UHF cables (as I've run them through the grill holes) now I have created Job# 522 for myself.lol

I will get to do the plastic dip but... Really like the appeal of it, breaks the front end up a bit more.

Anyways top job on the lights mate.

Hooroo!!!

Thanks mate
I was tossing weather to go black or colour code it white, happy with the black i I may even peel it off and spray it properly one day.

Finally got the lights mounted and wired up.

Also added some recovery points

Attachments

• IMG_1903.jpg
    IMG_1903.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_1912.jpg
    IMG_1912.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_1914.jpg
    IMG_1914.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
ordered monster rides coil overs with progressive rate coil and rear shocks today.
so the ultimate ones will be up for sale soon if anyone interested only 12months old done about 20 000km

Had the monster rides suspension fitted today I'll post some pics of how it sits and how much flex it has tomorrow. At the moment it's set to 620mm from centre of to guard, but the cv angle looks pretty gnarly.
I'll probably drop it down 25mm

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 182
Heres some flex shots just in the carpark haven't had it off road with the new gear in yet.
Now that the spings have settled a bit the front is sitting at 595mm from centre of wheel to arch and still has 60mm of down travel.
cant wait to try it out off road.
Thinking of getting extended shackles and brake lines for the rear.

Attachments

• IMG_2002.jpg
    IMG_2002.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_2004.jpg
    IMG_2004.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_2006.jpg
    IMG_2006.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_2013.jpg
    IMG_2013.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 169
Nah haven't had a chance to test the new suspension out lately, been busy house hunting but we got one now and moving up to newcastle in a couple of weeks so should get plenty of chances then. Been checking 4x4 earth and there a heaps of tracks not far from the new place.
Really happy with the ride now that the springs have settled in, i got the progressive coils.
looking at getting extended shackles for the rear as it sitting a bit nose high when loaded for work.
so far really happy with the MR gear but haven't had it properly off road yet. Time will tell but its got more height and more wheel travel than the other gear i had so it should be awsome. from what I've seen so far would recommend it.

Awsome dude, can't wait for the updates of it it on the trails and in the gist of flex city :)

I'm keen on Mr progressive coils also :)

This beast needs more mud shots and flex shots looks nuts man looks like a well setup truck :)

Nah haven't had a chance to test the new suspension out lately, been busy house hunting but we got one now and moving up to newcastle in a couple of weeks so should get plenty of chances then. Been checking 4x4 earth and there a heaps of tracks not far from the new place.
Really happy with the ride now that the springs have settled in, i got the progressive coils.
looking at getting extended shackles for the rear as it sitting a bit nose high when loaded for work.
so far really happy with the MR gear but haven't had it properly off road yet. Time will tell but its got more height and more wheel travel than the other gear i had so it should be awsome. from what I've seen so far would recommend it.

Where abouts in Newcastle are you looking? Can show you a few of the local tracks if you wanted

Latest posts

Back