G'Day from Newbie

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtc

Reaction score
G'Day All,

Just picked up a 2010 D22 this week. Bog standard, first on the shopping list is canopy & liner... Trying to get a handle on what's available, so any tips appreciated.

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new ride!

Some people don't like the liner, because if you don't pull it out regularly and give the tub a clean, it can cause rust by trapping moisture and dirt beneath it. For a similar price, you can get a spray-on Rhino liner that is tough as nails and nowhere near as slippery as the plastic liner.

As for canopies, there are plenty to choose from. Mine's a SnugTop or something like that, Nissan supplied it with the vehicle. I'm quite happy with it, the lift-up windows all around are nice because if it's sprinkling (rain) I can stand sort of under them while I get stuff out, and I have full access to the length of the area that a sliding window wouldn't give me. I don't recommend the $4,500 cost that mine came with, there must be some that are just as good without the Harrods price tag.

Hi mate, welcome to the forum.

The 2010 D22 has a longer tub than the 08 and previous models, just make sure you are letting them know your year model.

As another option for liners you can just use rubber, we used to use thick conveyor belt rubber and a mate fused it together for us but situations change and for the Nav I brought a rubber mat from a mob in Brissie it's not as thick and it doesn't have the internal reinforcement that conveyor belt rubber has but at $120 it was cheap enough to do what I wanted it to do and it was made to fit.

It is just a mat and doesn't cover the sides like spray on liners and plastic liners do but if you want side protection you wouldn't be buying a mat anyway. Mine isn't quite thick enough to stop the dips in the floor from being annoying but I've fixed that problem with cut down 2x1's that slide into the hollows and the floor is level now. The grip is great, to the point that unless I'm thrashing the bush the rubber feet on the fridge barely even move and I don't need to worry about securing the fridge.

Not that I get much water in my tub anymore but the times I have because the mat still allows airflow under it (and around the wood) water can still run out it's normal holes. I still have to remove the mat to dry it completely but removal is as easy as removing a table cloth from a table (some of you might need to ask the missus how easy that is).

Thanks guys. The longer tub is something I didn't realise initially. Does this mean that towbars are also different for 2010 models?

Latest posts

Back