Get well soon RLI

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should provide you guys with an update!

I spoke to Paul 2 days ago, he is OUT of hospital at home and recovering. My wife and I are going up to see him this weekend, taking his goody bag from the Muster and will spend at least a few hours there.

He's hoping to get back on the forums soon - his computer was out of action for a bit, so he's been unable to participate. If it's not working by the time we arrive up there I'll fix it myself.

I am back!

:cheers!:G,day folks,

It’s great to be back in the land of the living!

Thank you all for your tenacious support and kind words of wisdom, my wife and I are so humbled by your genuine concern for my wellbeing being.

As I Wright these words, I am choke with emotion with the comments and the thread you dedicated for me. I am so taken back by people I have never met that could be so caring and thoughtful. I salute you all.

I will be out of action for up to six months. I have to get this rotten bowl problem fixed, so i can get my life back on track.

My family and I are looking forward to meet Tony and his lovely wife on the weekend.

In the next week or so, I will write up my hospital tail the only way I know how, with wit and a bit of humour. I will also write up my recent trip to Cape York.

Once again, thanks for your thoughts!

Kind regards,

RLI & Family

:cheers!:

Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery RLI, and i hope things keep going in a positive direction so you can get back on track without any more problems.

Look forward to reading more of your well written witty stories.

take care.
Nathan

Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery RLI, and i hope things keep going in a positive direction so you can get back on track without any more problems.

Look forward to reading more of your well written witty stories.

take care.
Nathan

Thanks, mate!

Regards,

RLI

RLI, which episode of 'The Nightmare' will this be? I've been moving states and have been out of touch.

Glad to here your on the mend. Although now your ass is fixed your back on Bob Browns radar...

We drove up today to Coffs Harbour and visited RLI and family. Stayed for about 3 hours or so and returned home to Newcastle. 12 hours of driving, worth doing in my books.

RLI is a character in real life as well as in here. He's doing okay, not entirely out of the woods yet though. My wife and I wish him the best and hope he does recover soon.

While we were there, we discussed things like Coffs Harbour trips. The February trip we had planned for the NSW guys might be a little early for him. After this coming week we'll see how he's progressing and we'll see whether or not to change the schedule around a bit.

RLI knows a few good tracks up there, and can point us to some decent camping spots - something for everyone, with scenery and 4WD challenges right next door to each other.

But he's gotta be well enough to do it - so I think (if nobody objects) we'll work things out based on his well-being.

All my best wishes RLI, hope your up and running again soon, hang in the mate.

Tony, i don't think anyone would object too rearranging the trips if it means RLI can come along.

Hi guys I have just been informed that Paul is back in hospital to have another operation. He isnt in a good way at the moment. Passing on my thoughts and love to the big fella and his family.

I just spoke with RLI again. He's out of hospital, this is the 8th operation ... and hopefully this one's fixed the problem.

He's hoping to be well enough to make the Coopernook camp for a day trip - that's 26th and 27th of November. I did time the trip from his house - 3 and a half hours - I told him this, he's reasonably confident that he can make it there and back home again.

Not sure which day he's going to show. If you want more info about the camp, there's this thread which contains maps to the place. As noted in that thread, we're leaving Friday about 2pm from Heatherbrae. It's about 3.5 hours (towing) from Newcastle.

A special thanks!

G,evening folks,

Firstly, I would like thank you all for your kind words of support.
The last seven weeks of my life have been a nightmare. I have always held the view that taking one’s life (suicide) was the easy way out. I now know firsthand how an individual can fall into the void of total hopeless and despair.

Three weeks ago after my forth operation, I was in tremendous pain and in a serious world of hurt. I did not want my wife and children continuingly seeing me suffering the way I was. If I had access to a firearm then, I would have shot myself.

At that time in my life i have never felt so depressed, lonely and totally incapacitated, even though I have a beautiful wife and two beautiful little girls and a great bunch of friends. I just wanted to end the misery for my family and friends.

My stupid logic was that financially due to my military service pension, superannuation and other benefits that the Army provided me would have set my wife and children a secure future.

So far I have had six operations in seven weeks. This time fingers crossed I am pain free.Once again thanks for your kind words of support.

PS, I have to give a specially mention to both Old Tony and Scotty Bobcat who have kept in contact with my wife during my crisis period and have kept my morale up when I was extremely vulnerable.

Finally, looking forward to catching up with Tony & Helen and others at Coopernook tomorrow.

Regards,

RLI (Paul)

Your more than welcome RLI, i knew you were having a rough time but words fail me for what you have been through and described in your previous post.

I sincerely hope things are on the mend for good with you and look forward to meeting you on another Navara trip hopefully in the not to distant future, i unfortunately can't make Coopernook.

Andrew

A special thanks

G,evening folks,

The last seven weeks of my life have been a nightmare. I have always held the view that taking one’s life (suicide) was the easy way out. I now know firsthand how an individual can fall into the void of total hopeless and despair.

Three weeks ago after my forth operation, I was in tremendous pain and in a serious world of hurt. I did not want my wife and children continuingly seeing me suffering the way I was. If I had access to a firearm then, I would have shot myself.

At that time in my life i have never felt so depressed, lonely and totally incapacitated, even though I have a beautiful wife and two beautiful little girls and a great bunch of friends. I just wanted to end the misery for my family and friends.

My stupid logic was that financially due to my military service pension, superannuation and other benefits that the Army provided me would have set my wife and children a secure future.

So far I have had six operations in seven weeks. This time fingers crossed I am pain free.Once again thanks for your kind words of support.

PS, I have to give a specially mention to both Old Tony and Scotty Bobcat who have kept in contact with my wife during my crisis period and have kept my morale up when I was extremely vulnerable.

Finally, looking forward to catching up with Tony & Helen and others at Coopernook tomorrow.

Regards,

RLI (Paul)

Good to hear that you are on the road to recovery mate.
The worst of things always seems to happen to the best of people.
I have been through a fair bit of shit surgery wise my self but I have to admit watching the struggle you have had to under take make mine look like nothing.
Good to see you are recovering well mate.
Stay strong, we are here for you.

Wow, thats serious shit there going on.... and nice to know you can share your thoughts (light or dark) with us all here.

hope Coopernook does your mind and body a world of good...

Jim.

G,evening folks,

As previously stated, the last seven weeks of my life have been a total nightmare. I have always held the view that taking one’s life (suicide) was the easy way out. I now know firsthand how an individual can fall into this terrible void of total hopeless and despair.

Three weeks ago after my forth operation, I was in tremendous pain and in a serious world of hurt. I did not want my wife and children continuingly seeing me suffering the way I was. If I had access to a firearm then, I would have taken my life.

At that time in my life i have never felt so depressed, lonely and totally incapacitated and worthless as a human being. Even though I have a beautiful wife and two beautiful little girls and a great bunch of mates/friends. I just wanted to end the misery for my family and friends so they could get on with there lifes.

My stupid logic was that financially due to my military service, my service pension, superannuation and other benefits that the Army provided me would have set my wife and children up for a secure future.

So far I have had six operations in seven weeks. This time fingers crossed the pain is now falling under control. Once again thanks for your kind words of support. I am shocked that people that i have never met can show so much kindness and support.

PS, I have to give a specially mention to both Old Tony and Scotty Bobcat who have kept in contact with both my wife and myself during this horrid crisis period. They have aided in keeping my morale up when I was extremely vulnerable.

Also a special thanks to senior member Redgie for his kind words of wisdom.

It was fantastic catching up with Tony & Helen at Coopernook on Saturday, my father-inlaw and i were humbled by their hospatality.

Regards,

RLI (Paul

Good to hear that you are on the road to recovery mate.
The worst of things always seems to happen to the best of people.
I have been through a fair bit of shit surgery wise my self but I have to admit watching the struggle you have had to under take make mine look like nothing.
Good to see you are recovering well mate.
Stay strong, we are here for you.

Thanks mate,

Regards,

RLI (Paul)

Back