Good locations for uhf mic clip?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Griffta

Reaction score
Any suggestions of good place to mount my mic clip? Just screw into dash or is there a more subtle approach?

I went beside the steering wheel into the little switch so I can take it out later and not have any holes.

Thanks Dean. I think the previous owner had the same idea, the battery charge indicator takes up this spot. Tried (and failed) to use the adhesive take off one of those sticky picture hook things. May have to resort to the self tappers after all!

I use a uniden style clip which has a flat back on it which i just put a good quality double sided tape on a stuck it to the dash where i wanted it.

I think that could be the answer Nathan. Will look for some seriously sticky double sided. Thanks mate.

file-43.jpg

The two screws you can see only hold the clip itself together and DONT go into the dash, as i said its only held on by the D/S tape. My only tip is dont buy the stuff that looks like it has foam in the middle buy the tape that has more of a jelly type feel and appearance

I'm a new D22 owner, so still learning...I have a humming noise coming from the front end when I turn left or right. The tyres don't touch the bodywork and the power steering fluid is at a food level. Any tips? Could it be that I'm not used to driving with chunky tyres?

your picture leads me to think your a fraud. nathandd22??? d40 owner :ha:

:happy_smile: i owned a 22 for five years and when i signed up here that was my weapon of choice, BUT then i saw the light and bought the bigger better nicer to drive D40 and it was too late to change my forum name..... :thefinger: :sarcastic:

I have my UHF mounted beside my drivers seat on the side of my centre console and I just put the mic in the gear stick area. Sits there just perfectly.

I think I'm going for the mic sitting on the gear stick boot area too. Bought some decent double sided tape, but it seems every free area has a curved surface and the heat up here in the Pilbara ends up causing the clip and mic to drop off. Oh well. :)

I have mates and relos that work in the signage trade and use d/s tape to hold up signs and other stuff you just won't believe, so I pinch some tape off them and the shit would hold a small car on your ceiling haha.
If you ever see a sign shop or a sign installer grab a bit from them and it will do the job.
Most of the crap the hardwares sell is just that crap, even tho they charge an arm and a leg it's still crap.

Last edited:
I think I'm going for the mic sitting on the gear stick boot area too. Bought some decent double sided tape, but it seems every free area has a curved surface and the heat up here in the Pilbara ends up causing the clip and mic to drop off. Oh well. :)

Just to the right of the console above your left foot there is a flat spot that will take the mike clip. The mike faces side on towards the steering column but is in easy reach of the driver.
Plus the missus can't reach it easily!
Double sided tape is the go

I didn't even put the clip on mine....I just wrap the cord around the rear vision mirror

I also have the same UHF clip, and I also got a really good quality double Sidded tape so I don't have to drill the dashboard, worked perfect! :)

previous owner stuck the UHF in the gap under the single din, (bit of a waste of precious space IMO) and i have no clip, mic just sits snuggly in the gearstick boot, was always going to get around to mounting it somewhere but, with the UHF where it is, its always going to have the mic cords stretched across the console somewhere, so ahhhhhh eff it. haha

Latest posts

Back