Gordy's build

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a 2010 model and I didn't buy it new so they will be well and truly fecked by now. I drive on bitumen every day and it's so bumpy I can't stand it anymore, every uneven surface is multiplied by like 1000.

I just don't know what to buy

If you are low on funds and cant afford the full kit atm then Just buy some new shocks for now.
Talk to Zordo and tell him what you would like to do down the track and he will set you up with a set of shocks that will be just right for you and your budget.

Then if the price inc shipping isnt right just find that brand locally.

Ye I am low on funds coz I just bought a new rear step, light bar and awning and I still need to get to WA and back for Christmas/New Years. Not the best time of year for money :/

I won't be able to afford anything for the nav for a bit now

Last edited:
Your prob best to leave it as it is and put up with until you get some coin together, as i said earlier adding shackles and winding up the torsion bars will only make the ride worse.

As a temporary fix you could Maybe keep your eye out for someone with a new stock set of shocks they have pulled out to put a lift in, more often then not they give it away and although the stock gear is pretty crap new stock stuff will be better then your clapped out gear.

Ye I just can't afford to spend anything more on the nav this side of Christmas. I'll look in to it next year

The budget option for a softer ride is lower tyre pressures, but at a slight increase in fuel economy.

Try 32 - 34psi and as mentioned above throw a little weight in the tub, a few sand bags will do the trick, if you dont have any grab then from the hardware for less then $5each.

I'm already running 34psi and I've got some weight in the tray at the moment coz I've still got my tow bar and rear step in there but I'll have to take it out this weekend coz I'm heading out of town

well drop down to 32psi and even though you have a bit of weight in the tow bar and chrome bumper a few bags of sand will be around 40 - 80kg and you will be able to put it right at the back on either side of the tub which will keep it even and have the most leverage.

well drop down to 32psi and even though you have a bit of weight in the tow bar and chrome bumper a few bags of sand will be around 40 - 80kg and you will be able to put it right at the back on either side of the tub which will keep it even and have the most leverage.

Damn it! I was running 30psi then I thought I should probably put some more air in them a couple weeks ago haha
Interesting.... I shall look in to getting some bags of sand

My nav did 240000ks on the factory shocks, crazy looking back at it, felt like being in a limousine after I changed the shocks.
Seriously though, they love weight in the back, a couple of hundred kgs in the tray make it ride alot better.

Well it's been a while since I've updated this so here goes.

Start of December I put on an ARB colour matched rear steal step
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421410769.722815.jpg

Yesterday I added new stickers
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421410799.168932.jpg

Today I installed clamp on rhino racks aero
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421410881.560033.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421410813.242937.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421410813.242937.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 59
I also installed a tiger11 2.5x3 awning today
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421411160.784667.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421411172.557478.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421411183.530498.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421411142.541903.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421411142.541903.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 49
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421411511.280820.jpg
Have since changed this around a bit but using the same bolts, just got rid of the little plate coz it wasn't needed

Latest posts

Back