Gordy's build

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From when I bought it in feb till now
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417421430.435688.jpg

Did you get the lift kit in?

Na not yet, a mate is gonna do that for me. Still trying to work out what I'm doing. All I have is 2" extended shackles. Would it be ok if I only wound the torsion bars up or would I have to put something in the front as well?

Last edited:
Na not yet, a mate is gonna do that for me. Still trying to work out what I'm doing. All I have is 2" extended shackles. Would it be ok if I only wound the torsion bars up or would I have to put something in the front as well?

I'm pretty sure I read that a few people have just chucked in the extended shackles in the back and wound up the front.

u can wind up the torsion bars but just make sure that theres still a bit of down travel. u dont want it sitting on the rubber stops

Over time the stock TB's will sag with extra weight of a heavy front bar, dual batteries, etc over the front end. I got my lift kit done and skipped out on the TB's only to have to do then 6 months down the track

When you wind up the torsion bars there is obviously more tension on them, the stock shocks are not designed for that and end up not having enough to dampen those forces which inturn makes the front end like a pogo stick, = way to bouncy.

You could buy a set of better shocks, then when you have more cash add the new torsion bars.

Just keep making money...one thing always leads to another when your playing with suspension.and the standard stuff is terrible.

You could buy a set of better shocks, then when you have more cash add the new torsion bars.

Just keep making money...one thing always leads to another when your playing with suspension.and the standard stuff is terrible.

So I should wait to put the shackles in/wind the torsion bars until I have the cash to buy springs and new torsion bars?

IMO i would just wait until i could do the entire lot, leafs, shocks and torsion bars.
That way you can get a complete kit that is matched to each other so you end up with the height you want and the ride you want all set up to match how your ute is set up and what you intend to do with it.

Do it once and do it right is the way i like to do things.

Im sorta the opposite.ill do things in stages and put up with the negatives.new set of shocks are not too expensive.what are you planing on doing with it? General touring or more.
I did a spacers and shackles kit first.thought it was great! A year later i still thought it was great.untill i lifted it some more and replaced the springs and shockers.now its amazing...its like its a race car now.drives soo much better!
P.S All that work and i havnt been on a trip in almost 2 years..how depressing

Yup the only mods under the engine etc I've done is the egr block everything else is still stock

Im sure the std shocks are on about dead 1 year in..i was totally amazed by new shocks...and i only got ebay bluepac ones.mind you 2 yrs old now and i think there due to be replaced again....but they were like $200 delivered.still happy tho.

Latest posts

Back