Got my car back!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trav1987

Reaction score
Finally after sending it to the mechanics on july the 12th!!

Brand spanking new engine
Injector pump
Injectors
Water pump
Turbo
Exhaust
Radiator
Clutch kit

17k later :/

Anyway finally got it back without paying a cent to the mechanic because i needed it for the weekend and he said yeah its ready just drop by monday and ill have the invoice ready (about 7k)... I dont think that'd happen too often down south...

Also wants me to run me through everything he's done as well which is good..

And drove it down too litchfield national park today... Took it easy on her didnt push it passed 3k or 100kmh

Came home from exercise and it died basically.. It all came down to me basically not having enough time to research and investigate a second hand car :/ before i was posted last year

I Havent got the run down yet he gave the car back to me because i needed it but he hasnt done the invoice up yet and said he wants to run through everything that hes done m what caused it all etc etc.. Just said go easy on it n see him after work on monday... Turns out one of my bosses at work ( a captain) well the mechanic was his sgt when my boss was a digger and ive heard nothing but good from him.. So pretty confident hes done a good job.. So yeah just waiting for monday to get the invoice n full run down

Glad to hear she is back on the road, i bet you were stoked taking it for its first drive and with all that work she is basically a brand new car.

Cheers, yeah well and truly stoked..but went real easy on her... Will be keeping this one for a while now...

Once she's run in. Take it for a thrashing on the dunes here and there or even tow heavy shit.

ZD30's love working hard, they always go better afterwards to.

Okay just for reference here is the complete run down

Supplies from thompson motor group shepparton to darwin

Engine bare zd30 $7000
Turbo $1454.55
Gasket kit turbo $90.91
Clutch disc $200
Clutch cover $400
Brg c/release $50
Water pump $ 363.64

Freight 745.45
Gst 1030

Total 11339.36

Mechanic

Labour $1320.00
Reco inj pump $3600.00
Radiator service replace top tank $268
4x injectors $990
Exhaust system from cat back $900
Smaller stuff x many (air filter, thermostat, oil filter, sealants etc)

Total $7,427.00

Final Total $18,766

When i asked him what happened he said in his opinion because someone had messed with the timing gears that was the reason she died.. Anyway jokes on me should of just bought a new nav from the start...

She is running very smoothly now at least..

Bring on that afghan trip..Im broke..

Mate, after that you need to go over to the sand pit. 18k is a lot of money in anyones book. At least you wont need to waste your money on a new car when you get back.

WOW thats gotta hurt...... well this is easy for me to say, but whats done is done and to look on the bright side, at least you know exactly where the utes at now, and you no doubt have a little warranty as well.
Dont worry about the comparo to a new ute as it still would of been over 30k to get what you have now.
All the best mate,
Regards,
Nathan.

Bugga - that's alot of coin. Still, its only money.

You keep your head down.

Latest posts

Back