GROUP PURCHASE FOR AFTERMARKET UCAs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to have all my PRG engineered and that included the lane change test etc and all up to get the UCA the struts and the wheels done was $825 in total .Insured with GIO and they said as long as its legally registered they didnt care
However they then classed the truck as "Modified" so my excess went up to $700 from $600

Sounds like you have found a top Engineer. I was quoted $4K to get a 3" lift on the Patrol engineered/lane changed.

I am going to purchase the calmini UCA as they are a good price at the moment.
Any idea how much UCA will be in this group buy?

I am going to purchase the calmini UCA as they are a good price at the moment.
Any idea how much UCA will be in this group buy?

Just be aware there is no adjustment with the Calmini arms and apart from the tubular design is similar to the stock arm as in bush's and ball joint.
I have no affiliation with any of the companies but the simple facts are
Calmini Tubular Construction with Ball Joints and Bush's
Total Caos Tubular Construction with Uniball and Bush's
PRG Products Tubular Construction Uniball and Heim Joints
I chose PRG because my ST-X has no camber adjustment so I went with the only arm on the market with adjustability so I could get lift and camber

Aussie Frontier.
I herd a rumur the PRG design can fail at the joint? Any truth to that?
Also please confirm/correct my application.
I am trying ot get extra height out of a EFS lift kit on my D40.
I am putting in a 20mm coil spacer and need UCA to not foul on the coil bucket and give me a little more normal camber, i have a 2010 ST with adjustable camber but it is at its limits with EFS kit.
Which UCA will meet my 2 requirements of acceptabel camber and not foul?

Thanks

from looking at the options for my 2010 st your choices would be with the prg unit or extended ball joint and offset bushes for the standard uca

ONLOCK thanks for hte reply. The extendedball joint and offset bushes, any idea on price range? I am thinking that might be almost as exxy as PRG arms?
Calmini arms are a great price right now, ashame they dont really work for us.

unsure on the ball joints but ric (mad d40) had the bushes installed for 470. nolathane make them

Aussie Frontier.
I herd a rumur the PRG design can fail at the joint? Any truth to that?
Also please confirm/correct my application.
I am trying ot get extra height out of a EFS lift kit on my D40.
I am putting in a 20mm coil spacer and need UCA to not foul on the coil bucket and give me a little more normal camber, i have a 2010 ST with adjustable camber but it is at its limits with EFS kit.
Which UCA will meet my 2 requirements of acceptabel camber and not foul?

Thanks
There was a failure in a Navara some years ago where the uniball failed.Greg from PRG worked with the owner and am pretty sure they did sort out a solution. Since then the design has changed slightly and where the uniball used to fit from the bottem it now fits from the top.To the best of my knowledge thats the only 1 I know of apart from the actual uniballs wearing as well as the heim Joints but they are easy to replace and only cost about $20 each .
All 3 arms , TC,PRG and the Calmini arm are designed to clear the coil bucket however the PRG arm is the only arm with adjustment straight up.
I still havent had time due to work and family commitments to actually compare the Spanish and Thai arms yet but at first glance they seem to be damm close.
Found these pics from that failure
As you can see by the second pic the Uniball has come out of the arm from the bottom. The new design will not allow this to happen
CIMG0008.jpg

CIMG0005.jpg

CIMG0003.jpg

Now as I stated this is the only instance I know of with the PRG arms and the design changed so this can not happen and if you buy PRG arms you will only ever get the latest design. The arms never stay in stock long enough to become old stock.

Last edited:
Kyle your ball joints are they pressed in or are they held in with a circlip??
The extended ball joints will only fit ones with a circlip and I have pressed in ones be interesting too see if yours are the same.

yea mate other 4x4 places charge over $1500 for them, my mate with a Blue ST was the first in WA to get them he was the Trial for the thai model there worth it in my book.

$1100 is a rip off for them, these guys have em for less than $700 us which with our dollar rates is even cheaper, id swing em an email and find out a shiping cost before i bought them in oz

Total Chaos 05+ Frontier/Xterra/Path Upper Control Arms | eBay

TC arms are factory length but have a bit of extra castor built into them

Reason i went them over the prg is with the bushes there are no squeaks and clunks, i had heims in old race cars and didnt like em too much plus untill aussie said the other day i was under the impression heims were illigal on road

Cheers sean

Kyle your ball joints are they pressed in or are they held in with a circlip??
The extended ball joints will only fit ones with a circlip and I have pressed in ones be interesting too see if yours are the same.

just had a quick look and theres a cap on top of the control arm where the ball joint goes through. do i need to get that off to be able to tell or what do i do??? coz iv just put in my coil spacers and im hitting the coil bucket like a boss

I just went and checked and my old ST-X spanish UCA have the circlip ball joints however the UCA in the Thai truck I have on the driveway are the pressed in type and have no circlip.
It appears we have found yet another difference between the 2 trucks

Pretty sure mine is pressed in, with yours aussie can you see the circlip without removing any covers from the uca?

Latest posts

Back