Handbrake light staying on

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jased22

Reaction score
Hi guys, my handbrake light has been staying on since i fitted extended shackles. It goes off as i release the handbrake when parked, but comes on and stays on while im driving. Iv had a look and cant see why its happening. Any ideas?

Cheers Jase

Fluid levels can do this (mine is on cold mornings) - you may have lost some fluid they use dot 3 I think - but best check, or your brakes are worn giving the impression of low fluid.

Or the switch is stuffed.

Yeah, hard to believe. But, there is a low level sensor that activates the hand brake light - or so Google tells me.

Yeah, hard to believe. But, there is a low level sensor that activates the hand brake light - or so Google tells me.[/QUOTE

Wow, who would of thought. I'll check all fluid levels when j get home. Cheers

Yeah that's true. The hand brake light doubles as a low master cylinder fluid level warning. Check your brake pads first because as they wear the fluid level will drop. If your pads are low and you fill the cylinder you may have to remove fluid to fit the new pads. Because when you push the pistons back into the caliper the fluid level will rise in the cylinder.

The handbrake electrical circuit is also utilitised when installing a head unit that has a video (if your handbrake is off, it will refuse to display the video, on the assumption that you must be driving). Had any stereo work done?

The handbrake electrical circuit is also utilitised when installing a head unit that has a video (if your handbrake is off, it will refuse to display the video, on the assumption that you must be driving). Had any stereo work done?

Na mate no stereo work done

Yeah that's true. The hand brake light doubles as a low master cylinder fluid level warning. Check your brake pads first because as they wear the fluid level will drop. If your pads are low and you fill the cylinder you may have to remove fluid to fit the new pads. Because when you push the pistons back into the caliper the fluid level will rise in the cylinder.

Ok il check my break pads first. They do seem to squel quiet bad when they get wet.
Cheers mate

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back