handy tip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vool104

Reaction score
a handy tip for D40's clocking the kms. take all the intercooler pipes off and take the intercooler out and clean all the sludge out of them. sharpens up throttle responce and gives off that fresh engine turbo whistle :rock: plus its just good for it in general. ive got 160,000kms on mine an have only just done it:sorry3:

iv done 110000 and done it twice... heaps the first time but hardly any the second time as i have fitted a catch can...

remove and clean with de greaser hose it out. blow out and dry and its done. its easy to remove grill to acces. then fit a catch can so you dont have to do it again for a really long time...

Exactly what he said!! Mine had shit loads in there lol. Just make sure you hang your intercooler to drip all the water out before you put it back in. It makes a world of difference. From factory all the blow by goes straight into the intake. You'll know when it's getting bad cause it'll start to spew out the hose clamps no matter how hard you tighten them.

I think I need to clean mine there is slight weeping at some of the hose joints.

Is there anything else to clean apart from the intercooler and two hoses running to it?

Would petrol / kero be ok to use as well?

yeah man petrol or kero would be fine!! any sort of degreasing solvent, its only a mix of diesel fumes and un-burnt exhaust shit. upart from that there pretty good. do what 4naving said and fit a catch can. ive taken my turtle shell plastic cover off too, an left it off doesnt look as tidy but you can keep an eye on everything more and wash the shit off the top of your engine. :)

Latest posts

Back