heading up to swan hill

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wes570

Reaction score
I'm planing to head up to swan hill over easter. We are leaving on the 28th and coming home on the 2th of April but I have no idea what to do up there. Has anyone been or is a local that can help me out.? I'm looking for 4wd tracks and other things to do with the family. Suggestions all welcome.

aside from a big deep water crossing... not a lot at swan hill for a few days unless you just want to sit back n chill... could try big desert, little desert, wyperfeld if you wants something a few hours away with some fun driving..

Gunbower island is great for a days 4wd, buts its a hour away at Koondrook. Have a look on The net there is a set of small map books that cover along The murray. cant remember what there called but i have The one that covers around koondrook/barham,

Swan Hill Pioneer Settlement is not bad for a poke about with the family. They also have a night show. There is the Ibis rookery at Kerang. Might be a little underwhelming but worth a look and a bit of a drive around, if your going past.
There is also the Murrabit Country Market on Easter Saturday which is a pretty big event with lots of stuff like cheap chinese tools. The Quambatook Tractor Pull will be on and goes into the night.

Also nothing like fishing the Murray for a nice feed of carp.:puke:

As you know, I went there recently. Apparently theres a spot to cross the river but I never found it. I also didnt find any 4wd tracks but also didnt go toofar out of town as the family were loving the water park at the big4 and it was bloody hot.
Theres really nothing much to do there bit I didnt mind sitting on my bum relaxing and lettin the kids entertain themselves.
I can speakjighly of the big4 with the water park (not the riverside one as didnt stay there). The facilities were reasonably and very clean.
The gave the pioneer village a miss as the kids didnt care about it and entry wasnt cheap for all of us.

As you know, I went there recently. Apparently theres a spot to cross the river but I never found it. I also didnt find any 4wd tracks but also didnt go toofar out of town as the family were loving the water park at the big4 and it was bloody hot.
Theres really nothing much to do there bit I didnt mind sitting on my bum relaxing and lettin the kids entertain themselves.
I can speakjighly of the big4 with the water park (not the riverside one as didnt stay there). The facilities were reasonably and very clean.
The gave the pioneer village a miss as the kids didnt care about it and entry wasnt cheap for all of us.

we are staying there too. i cant wait for it. i havent been anywhere for 2 years.
im glad its nice there. we happend to book it because there was nowhere else available.

Its not the biggest of parks nor are the sites huge bit certainly big enough. What really struck me was the cleanliness of the facilities. Enjoy your break. I couldnt imagine not going away for two years.

Latest posts

Back