Headlight Adjustment

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a philips (cross-head) adjuster down behind the headlight. Lift the bonnet, and look behind the headlight. It will be located near the base of the light, towards the middle of the vehicle from the globe.

It's possible that your headlight aiming mechanism has stopped working. There's supposed to be a fuse in there according to the manual, but it neglects to show which fuse it is. I'd check 'em all, but know that fuses that don't usually pop unless something's wrong.

Thanks Tony

I tried to have a look but it was too crowded back there, even with an inspection mirror, especially near the battery. I'm going to hand it over to the pros to sort out.

Thanks for the tip about the fuses.

Cheers

Joe

mate it should be to the right of the headlight when looking down on it - I did mine on the weekend and worked a treat - although, not sure if the D40 is different to the D22. Let me know how you go and I can post a pic if you need

Ok just so happens I had a head light handy lol
2011-05-30184417-1.jpg

2011-05-30184444.jpg

2011-05-30184457.jpg

Its actually the head of the drive screw from the power adjuster and it takes a decent size ( not huge and not tiny ) phillips head screwdriver

Ok so the mobile is crap at taking pics lol but you get the idea

have you tried to test if the onboard adjuster is working by parking up close to a wall or garage door with the lights on and turn the dial

Funny stuff , had a chuckle myself too!
My d22 is useless "even with new globes" ! Far to low and need to come up heaps so here I am again "doing my home work" ;) Just looking for the adjuster screws myself and some one with the hands of a child to get to 'em?? grrrrrrrr

Latest posts

Back