Headlight bulb type and wattage

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reopen on old tread.....
Just wondering what the globes are in the d40 fog light and if they would be different from bull bar to bull bar.

All I know is that they are h11 and they are quite expensive. . As for fitment im pretty sure they will fit on most bars my old fog lights fitted directly into the bullbar

Thanks guys. Ask tjm and they us H11s I really do t see the point of them sitting so high and been so white. So I'm replacing them with 70w hids.

Be careful with that. They wont dip with your high beams if you use the same wiring and stuff.Its not so much the height of them but their aim. They should be aimed down as fog lights .Other than that shouldnt be any issues

Yeah I was thinking I may need to rewire them. Um been told you can turn hids up side down is this correct??

If I'm smart with them I hope not to have any attention. I have a light bar on the bull bar carrently. But trail and error,

I hear ya
I have lights across the back directly under the tailgate that do brake, park, reverse and indicator and half the regfo guys didnt see an issue with them until a certain inspector spotted them and even though he did like them had to tell me to remove them due to some ancient ruling on distance between brake lights .No harm took em off had it inspected and passed and just put them back on. Have been pulled up a few times for random inspections or Booze Bus and the cops have never said a thing.
judging by the number of trucks etc running round with HID headlights obviously glaring in oncoming traffic then the on road inspections are sadly missing a heap

Hi
I pick up a new D40 ST tomorrow and was thinking about what type of spotties to fit and remembered I had a Hella H4 XGD Conversion Kit ( Part Number 5600 ) with 35 watt globes, in the shed I bought probably 10 years ago and never got around to using it, but reading the material it says, Warning, only suitable for H4 headlight systems with integral globe shield, and all over the box Warning, not suitable for vehicles driven on public roads. Im sort of guessing that the globe shield is to prevent the light shining directly into the oncoming traffics eyes, Im not sure. I tried to find something on the net about the kit and did not come up with much except Hella put the kit together for mine use only, so how I was able to purchase it has got me buggered, but I remember it was not cheap. I am wondering now whether it is worth trying to fit the kit, and having to mount the ballasts etc, and not having the globe shield, would a 35 watt XGD globe be too bright ? It would be a pain in the arse if you had to pull it all apart and put back to basically original again.

Cheers

HIDs should never be fitted to reflectors as it will blind oncoming traffic regardless of how you adjust them. HIDs are designed for projector lighting only and even then should only be fitted to HID projectors not those cheap halo lights on ebay that don't even have a true halogen projector let alone HID.

If you do a search on HID lighting there is plenty of info on this forum about it that I've posted before.

Cheers Mick

Latest posts

Back