Hella 4000 FF spotlights??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peteyen86

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Looking at upgrading my driving lights. Doing some research on the Black Hella 4000's (Non HID). They look like the go at the moment for what i want. If any one can answer any of the questions that would be great.

What are your thoughts overall?

Where is the best place to buy? in Aus and over seas? (Online)

Has anyone got these on their Navs? if so, can you please post some pics for me. In particular on a D22

Also in Aus, it seems we can only get the pencil beam and spread, however over seas you can get Pencil, Euro beam, and corner beam. The Euro beam is a cross between pencil and corner beam. Im thinking having one Euro and one corner, as driving in the bush im not to worried about seeing 5 ks up the road?

Basically after any info you care to share on them, but pics and where to buy would be great.

Cheers Pete

I have hella rallyeye 4000 on my silver d22, Can,t comment on price they were on the ute when i got it, But would i get them again YES. Photo in my avatar they light up nicely no vibration or movement rock steady. Non hid

I have these on my D40, 2x spot beam. They are a very solid unit, which i would suggest if mounting on an alloy bar that you put a piece of steel plate under the inside of the b/bar above the nut and washer to spread the force from vibration as the alloy bar started to metal fatigue on my Patrol. I wouldn't have any other brand of lights now, if anything they are too bright as those big green sign's on the freeway, well you can still see them a couple of k's down the road as they are etched into your retinas

"etched into your retinas "

lol. I know what you mean with this. They make signs to reflective these days if you ask me.

Good point with using the backing plate. Imagine the 4000's are quite heavy.

Where did you buy yours from Sossel if you dont mind me asking? Do any of the dealers around us have these on the shelf do you know?

Pete

I have these on my D40, 2x spot beam. They are a very solid unit, which i would suggest if mounting on an alloy bar that you put a piece of steel plate under the inside of the b/bar above the nut and washer to spread the force from vibration as the alloy bar started to metal fatigue on my Patrol. I wouldn't have any other brand of lights now, if anything they are too bright as those big green sign's on the freeway, well you can still see them a couple of k's down the road as they are etched into your retinas

I did about 30 thousand with them on my alloy bar didn,t notice any problem with the alloy bar when i took it off and i pay rates to a bunch of di#$heads called a council who wouldn,t know road maintenance if it bit them on the ass

My mate owns Action 4wd in Warragul, he can probably get them, i will ask him next time i am there, probably Thursday. He mainly sells IPF as thats the brand ARB flog.
There is a few sets on ebay , thats probably the best bet

Having dramas with my Rallye's, for the life of me cannot get the beam
pointing straight ahead, beam is pointing down.

NavaraD40Rallye.jpg

There mounted on the Nissan Bullbar (latest model).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kevin

Are the plugs or any part of the lights touching/rubbing on anything. The plugs hang a fair way out and rub on the grill on mine. Made it a little hard to adjust but still managed. If not rubbing anywhere, maybe try pulling the base appart and checking it is all installed properly.

The plugs aren't rubbing anywhere, there's quite a gap between the grill and plugs.
Will keep looking.

Latest posts

Back