Help needed

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miner girl16

Reaction score
First time using this site I need advice on my ute I bought 2 weeks ago seems to be having a lot of problems no mechanics can pin point an exact problem. It has a performance chip in it went into dealer they disconnected it now it won't start There is a lot more that's happened to the ute can anyone help me

Is it new, 2nd/3rd hand?
Where a-bouts are you and the dealer that you went to?
What year and model is your ute?
Is it an Auto or Manual?
Any error codes displayed?

apart from not starting what are the other problems?

did you buy it from a dealer? if so you may have a legally binding statutory warranty.

yes....lots more info needed..

We r good...but not miracle workers

...And here I was thinking you was :lol:

But seriously - all the details you've got, we'll need if we're gonna be able to help. Like: Why was the dealership messing with the chip?

Welcome to the forum!

As others have said, we need some more info.

If they made the thing fail, they need to fix it. If they won't fix it, there are avenues that you can take to make them fix it.

But, if you want us to try and fathom out what it could be, we'll need to know a bit more about what is happening. Does the engine turn over at all? If not, maybe the battery has had it, or the starter/solenoid or maybe even just a fuse to the solenoid. Let's start by telling us what the car DOES do when you turn the key - instrument lights, clicks or noises, engine turning over?

It's possible that in messing with the chip, they've done some damage to the electrics. Some chips connect to the fuel pump, the fuel rail sensor, throttle and the ECU. An incompetent pulling at wires could have disconnected anything. Let's hope it's not too bad!

Back