help needed

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunta

Reaction score
I'm new to this sit its my first post. I need help my car won't start. I have a d22 03. I have had a rooted battery from a wil back an I use to jump start it and I use to be fine. All I did diffrent today was I drained the diesel filter from any shit on side witch nothing came out anyway and I primed it again til it was hard but It didn't start and now I don't know what's wrong.

hi hunta iv got the same problem. i serviced it (changed oil/filter and air filter and diesel filter) and mine wont start to. is it posible to get air in the fuel line if so how do i know? and how do i get it out? let me know how you go.

No 1 mate would be to buy yourself a new battery before you stuff something else up[probably your alternator] Then once you have turned her over a few times prime it again incase there is any air in system. Be sure you use the glo plugs.

Keep cycling priming and starting! I just purchased a 2004 D22 and just changed the fuel filter for the first time. I spent about 20 minutes priming till hard, cranking and repeating! I obviously had a bunch of air in the fuel line and it took ages to get it out! You'll know if there air because the primer will keep going soft after you crank. Should be very hard to press it down. Probably and idea to check your fuel pump fuse too!

Thank il get onto it tomorrow and il let you know how I go.
Farmer joe I'm not shore on what sort of battery to buy so I have been putting it off any suggestions?

Next time you change the fuel filter, use some vice grips to crimp the line from the tank shut. Then you won't lose quite so much prime.

The other thing that helps if your having trouble getting fuel back up to the filter is to use a air compressor and pump air in through the fuel filler

Dino il try that next time. i have to go and buy a battery frist i think and then il get stuck into it. thank for your help guys.
cheers

Haven't had much luck with starting it yet iv been priming and cranking and priming a.d cranking but not much luck as yet don't know what alse to do. Any suggestions? Am I doing it right?

Pull the fuel line off that goes from the filter to the motor, then prime the filter till you get fuel coming out hook the fuel line back up and prime till hard should start first go....that's what I always do

Latest posts

Back