Help! No Dip beam headlights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Theres no IPDM E/R on mine. dip beam works on passenger side but not drivers. Surely this must be just a fuse?

I haven't got the manual handy right now but I'm sure the two 15AMP fuses are one for right and one for left. If you haven't got an IPDM E/R I don't know where the fuses are housed. I looked in both the Nav and Frontier manual and they both list the IPDM E/R, slightly different locations which is to be expected due to left and right hand drive but they are both there, wouldn't have thought they'd take them off the UK versions.

The manual caters for this.

Step 1: Check bulb and replace if not good.

Step 2: Remove the harness from the bulb and, with the lights turned on, test the voltage between the harness and vehicle body (battery negative). If this is working, go to step 3. If it is faulty, go to step 4.

Step 3: Check the ground wire continuity to earth (measure resistance of the ground wire to the battery negative or vehicle body).

Step 4: Turn off light switch and disconnect the IPDM E/R connector. Test continuity between this and the headlamp connector.

I'd be putting money on globe or fuse myself.

Wow loads of responses! Tried disconnecting the battery but that didnt make a difference. Just drove with the front fogs on last night. Its fine but not ideal.
I checked all fuse boxes, the one in the glove box and 2 in the engine bay. I will checkout these 15amp fuses. IPDM E/R that is aparently low beam. (They dont make it easy do they?!)

just drop in to your dealer, It will be covered under warranty.

One of the other things that happens is that while the blinkers still blink on the side selected the green dash indicators both blink....if that makes sense. Another bloke I know who has had the problem sought the advice of an autosparky who believes it is an earth problem from some of the aftermarket kit he has fitted. Could be but I haven't been able to find any problem - and I have a raft of after market eletrical stuff.

Is that the trailer indicator warning light that flashes? Double green arrows at the bottom of instrument cluster? Mate of mine had that light come on every time he indicated and thought it was normal until he saw mine didn't do it. We worked out that a cpu must pick up the extra load of the trailer bulb and indicate that the bulb was ok, since his indicated all the time we put it down to the extra indicators located in his bullbar activating this feature.

Is that the trailer indicator warning light that flashes? Double green arrows at the bottom of instrument cluster? Mate of mine had that light come on every time he indicated and thought it was normal until he saw mine didn't do it. We worked out that a cpu must pick up the extra load of the trailer bulb and indicate that the bulb was ok, since his indicated all the time we put it down to the extra indicators located in his bullbar activating this feature.

That indicator light comes on for me only when I've got my van attached. The manual said it was there to indicate a higher load on the indicator light system. Shame the same thing doesn't exist for the brake lights, or I'd never have to worry about my van's tail lights again, I could tell instantly when one had failed.

Handy feature with normal bulbs, my trailer has LED type lights so this feature does not work. You're right though a system to monitor the brake lights would be really handy as long as the warning light came on only if a bulb was blown.

Latest posts

Back